ADVERTISEMENT

Repost of mine from MHoops Thread ...... Sorry but I am still pissed today.

AVALONBLUEFAN

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Davidsonville Maryland via Hillman Michigan
I for the first time in several years did not read or follow the game day threads. I did not post all day. I read so many posts last night and was so ticked off it’s maybe the first time since I started on here 20 years ago , that I was really tempted to quit these boards. So many of the veteran guys like 6, Totch , Cal , Kevin Werner and Kim looked like they for the most part avoided it all as well. I was so fed up all week with all the , “ State Sucks “ , Tucker is a horrible coach “ and the “ we are gonna steam roll them “ , and so many of these goofs posted the same thing last year. Then all the , “ we should start JJ threads “ were damn near as prevalent as the Zach Charbonnet threads a few weeks ago. So many on here are such expert coaches and know so much. Anyhow your post and Hoops post made me realize that many on here while frustrated see a lot of positives in this staff and roster.

Look coming into this season most thought this was a 7-5 maybe an 8-4 team. It could be yet who knows ? We also knew or thought the team had definite weaknesses and a lack of depth on the D line, WR ( before losing Bell ) the secondary , and yes even QB , with JJ OR Cade as they clearly were unknown quantities. Then many were very concerned with the LB’s. So let’s take a look at yesterday ? The D line kinda got beaten up by Walker. The secondary , and in particular the safeties did not tackle well , and one of the most crucial plays ( 4th and 5 ) Dax gets beaten to the goal line. That play to me was maybe the most critical ( but there were a ton of others as well ).

But look at things yesterday. The D line which McDonald has tried to rotate as much as possible , to try to keep them fresh ,got caught 3 times I think. Yes shame on Mac. Hell Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers dId this all the time in the NFL with quick snaps. Yes Mac is new. Then the LB’s. I know Green and Colson are future stars. I am not sure how they graded out , but my guess is not well. Our safeties didn’t look great either. Our CB’s did not get totally abused as many thought. That was a plus. MSU IS a good team. All the BS that posters saying about how they played poorly this week or that week , did anyone watch PSU against Illinois last week and then last night ? Or Wisky against Iowa ? The same Wisky team we throttled ? College football is a week by week game period. Nothing basically one week is a promise for the next week.

I know this is long but I am still pissed. I cannot believe how many on this board who say they are “ so called fans “ just rip anyone and everyone “ each time there is an error or missed pass , or even a poor choice by a coach. I get the frustration. But all the same crap “ fire Harbaugh “ , “ bench Cade “ and “ we should be 12-0 “ crowd is so absurd.

To steal a line from Hoops post , what did yesterday tell us ?
We have a damn good young QB and another who will also be damn good . Both very young. We have a couple of good RB’s , one who didn’t play yesterday , but both are young. We have a young and improving OL and the WR’s look promising , and IF Bell returns he and Anthony look good. The TE position seems strong and young as well.

The defense is young up front , young at LB ( yes we lose Ross, Hutch and Dax and Hawkins ) and the secondary at least looked good at the corners. We appear to have depth due to the rotation all year.

Finally the staff. It’s young , seems to be talented and Jim in spite of yesterday looks to have gotten pretty good recruiters and teachers. Nobody wanted to see rebuilding in year 7. But it is what it is. MSU and Tucker have done something nobody else has done in CFB. They took 19-20 kids from the portal and with the help of a 2 Star Rivals recruit , who now looks like the Heisman Winner have created a really good team. Credit to them. But we can’t get in 3-4 kids through the portal let alone 15-20. But go ahead and continue to whine folks. The rules are different fo us which has been said many times.

I was crushed losing yesterday , but said all week and and day long this was a good team and as usual playing for their lives. Again credit Tucker and MSU. Hell credit the zebras as well. Oh and I am sure State will struggle a lot next week after yesterday and the new board will be flooded with , “ How could we lose to them “ ?

I still love this team , will root for them like I have since 1964 and hope things change. For so many of you that can only complain about everything maybe find another school to root for. Finally as Kim said yesterday. I hope all of you that said you are done following the team and quit ,do what you are saying.

GO BLUE !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News