ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Update on my son's treatment

lcb1982

Senior
Aug 31, 2008
You may recall my post late March about my teenage son's cancer diagnosis. Many of you reached out and many of you asked to keep you updated on how things were going. He's completed 10 rounds of chemo up to today and on Monday he had a significant surgery to remove the tumor. After a little more than 7 hours of surgery Ortho had sucessfully removed about half a grapefruit size worth of tissue and plastics had rebuilt the area around the tailbone where the mass had been removed. He's currently recovering at Vanderbilt Children's hospital and we hope to go home late this weekend but could be there until early next week. We have gotten phenomenal care there and his oncologists are very hopeful that the treatment will get rid of the cancer successfully.

We've had so much good come from this season in our lives and we attribute that to God's answer to our prayers. There's not enough space here to put it all but maybe one day if you're in Middle Tennessee we can meet up and I'll give you all the details. We do have a gofundme page that was set up to help cover expenses. I'd say that's the most shocking part of this whole thing but that discussion is for a different time and place.

Ultimately, I'm thankful for the support that many of you have shown throughout this process and for the respite that UM sports provides from the chaos we sometimes call life. Keep the prayers and thoughts coming and Go Blue!

GoFundMe Link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News