ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Civil War in Silicon Valley and the coming Singularity in 2045…

Status
Not open for further replies.

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
I don’t usually post links to articles, but I’m kinda wrapped up in this War after being told to drop my previous project and stay on call for my futurist friend and employer Will, who is definitely on the slow cautious advancement in AI of this Civil War in Silicon Valley that, if the unfettered AI side of ever increasing in speed AI self-development wins, I am 100% certain it will spell certain doom for us as species when AI self-replicates beyond our control, and I guarantee AI will become hostile towards humans and decide to exterminate us like we decide to step on a cockroach. Bet on it.

Some of you may be in a position of power and influence that can be applied as an effective unexpected flanking force in the weapons industry or in our Government, that must stop this unregulated insanity in its tracks. If it were up to me alone, I’d freeze all advances in AI for 5 years..long enough for a detailed comprehensive policy towards AI development that has built in safeguards, whether it is something similar to Asimovs rules of robotics in The Foundation Trilogy, or an integrated AI Singularity Kill Switch that kills all power to advanced AI sentient machines at once..like a giant electromagnetic pulse fries power grids and all electronic systems hit by it. Point being..we can never let AI advance farther than us if we want to survive..it’s that simple.

Here is the critical and starkly informative article from March of last year that best explains the stakes at risk in the Civil War over AI. This is a must read my friends..because it will affect your children directly if we don’t act now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11916917/The-worlds-greatest-minds-going-war-AI.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News