ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So how should the Tigers rebuild?

Rhawk27

All-American
Aug 30, 2001
The Mean Streets of the Purple Rose
I think step 1 was just completed with the release of F-RAUD and the recall of Rondon.

I think Rondon should get the closers role for the rest of the season, rain or shine. Either get him the confidence and routine that a big league closer needs and find out if we can rely on him or if we need to cut bait.

If Rondon and Jiminez can develop, combining them with the Wilsons, Greene and Hardy has a pretty decent bullpen.

We gotta build off of Fulmer and Norris with Boyd possibly grabbing a spot in next years rotation as well. I love JV, but I think he's our most valuable commodity and if we can get anything for Zimmerman (who seems to be getting his groove back) we should take it. My biggest hope is that Anibal can have a strong second half and get something for him in the winter (expecting to eat at least some of his contract).

I think it would be a mistake to move Miggy unless somebody makes an offer we just cant refuse. I think he's signed through 2022 and I think he'll be effective until then as a DH/1B. Kinsler probably gets moved for a prospect. I don't love iglesias, but I think he's young enough to keep. Castellanos is probably a keeper.

I dont' think anybody want Upton's contract, so I expect him in LF for the next few years. JD is our second most valuable commodity and will probably get us some building blocks. Hopefully when Aducci is healthy he can assume the RF role. We don't have a viable CB on this team...I don't think Jacoby Jones is the answer (especially after getting nailed in the face). I hope somebody falls in love with Avila...he's been absolutely outstanding and is a great "sell high" guy. Besides, we still have McCann and Hicks.

To recap...Trade JV, JD, Zimmerman, Avila and Kinsler.
Keep Miggy, Fulmer, Norris, Boyd, Upton, Iglesias, Castellanos, McCann and most of the bullpen with Rondon and Jiminez getting lots of work the rest of the year. I like a bench of Romine, Hicks, Aducci (maybe starts or platoons) and Machado/Jones as the 24th and 25th guys.
Need...2 starting pitchers, a second baseman, and two outfielders. Maybe a SS. Develop the bullpen.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1315hill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News