ADVERTISEMENT

OT: seeking mid-career job move advice

tjaracz1

All-League
Dec 31, 2014
Manvel, Texas
OK Fort, my turn to seek advice. I am just under 40 years old and working in large ($40B+ Market cap) Oil and Gas service company with a company I have been with for 15 years. I am a well respected, middle level manager that makes a decent pay with great medical, vacation, 401K, and benefits. Through my LinkedIn profile, I got an interview and was offered for a director level role in a medical supply company which is much smaller ($4B Market cap) with better pay (+205) but lesser bonus, medical, vacation, 401K and benefits. I am seriously on the fence here due to combination on the fear the the unknown and a little concern on being able to make sure I am a father first (kids are 7 and 9 and my wife is in a role that is inflexible so I am the primary emergency care person). I do not have a pension to consider!

Any suggestion of an approach, things to consider, or just general advice? I think this may be one of the hardest decisions I have ever needed to make so I welcome whatever you guys and gals can throw my way to help me make sure I don't make a decision I regret in 6 months.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News