ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Krzyzewski

dennisfithian_

Director of Multimedia
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Interested to hear from Michigan fans on Krzyzewski and the Blue Devils program. Duke plays its last regular season game with Coach K on the sideline tomorrow night verses North Carolina.

Krzyzewski has been viewed mostly as a villain around here for handing the Fab Five three losses, including the '92 National Championship game. I was not in Michigan at the time and had a VHS tape sent to me of the first Fab Five/Duke game. Michigan lost 88-85 (OT), but that was a great game for the Fab Five. I probably watched that game 25 times. The '92 title game was memorable for me as I had a glass smashed over my head earlier in the night at a club in England. Tip off wasn't until 2 am local time. I still have a scar on my head from that night.

There doesn't seem to be much debate that Krzyzewski, with five national titles, is regarded as the second-best college basketball coach ever behind John Wooden. Like Wooden, Krzyzewski benefited from boosters luring top high school players to play for them, but neither coach was ever hit with any sanctions.

Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, New York Yankees, Colorado Avalanche, Green Bay Packers and the Duke Blue Devils. All-time hated rivals. Wouldn't mind seeing Michigan and Duke in the second round of the NCAA tournament in two weeks.

Average ticket price for Duke/North Carolina tomorrow night is over $5,300.

Reactions: 97Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News