ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golson leaving N. Dame*

Somewhere in sunny California Reality Man is writing a petition letter to Jim H. to go get Golson who can come in, save the Michigan program immediately and throw for 90 TD passes next season...who cares about his 20 INTs last year :)

Reactions: ChicagoBlueFan
I won't even believe that ND can't keep the best QB ever in college football around.
What will be enjoyable is to hear the dumbers act like they never much cared for him.
Revisionist history is always fun.
BTW, tarun, I believe you're neglecting his 8 lost fumbles and the fact that only 4 of his INTs were returned for TDs.

Last edited:
I won't even believe that ND can't keep the best QB ever in college football around.
What will be enjoyable is to hear the dumbers act like they never much cared for him.
Revisionist history is always fun.
BTW, tarun, I believe you're neglecting his 8 lost fumbles and the fact that only 4 of his INTs were returned for TDs.

I know I am being sarcastic - I thought Golson was terrible the last 6 games...I just don't think he's very good and I really really hope Michigan does not consider him.

Hey all, I am a long time Michigan fan, first time poster. I am hoping you can answer a question for me. Let's say Gholson meets with Harbaugh, likes what he hears, and decides that he wants to transfer to UM, I may be wrong, but can/would ND prevent him from going there. I was under the impression that because UM/ND play each other regularly (except for the next few years) that they can block a player from transferring to certain schools and I would think UM would be one of them.

If someone could clear this up for me, would really appreciate it. Thanks and GO BLUE!

ND can't stop Golson at this point.

He won't play at UM as he is the anti-Harbaugh. And just because ND swept his cheating under the rug doesn't mean that would happen at UM -- he is damaged goods.

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win.

Hey all, I am a long time Michigan fan, first time poster. I am hoping you can answer a question for me. Let's say Gholson meets with Harbaugh, likes what he hears, and decides that he wants to transfer to UM, I may be wrong, but can/would ND prevent him from going there. I was under the impression that because UM/ND play each other regularly (except for the next few years) that they can block a player from transferring to certain schools and I would think UM would be one of them.

If someone could clear this up for me, would really appreciate it. Thanks and GO BLUE!

ND has the power to 'block' him. But they need reason. For instance, Texas was one of the schools mentioned. But they show up on this year's schedule. So that is basically not going to happen.

ND and Michigan at this time have no games scheduled on any future schedules. So actually there wouldn't be a reason for ND to block a move to Michigan. I don't think he is a good fit there. But would be hard to pass up a year of coaching from Harbaugh if offered.

I expect him somewhere in the southeast. Maybe not the SEC. But somewhere in that neighborhood. He is a Myrtle Beach kid. And everything he has shown so far is that he misses being there.

ND has the power to 'block' him. But they need reason. For instance, Texas was one of the schools mentioned. But they show up on this year's schedule. So that is basically not going to happen.
Golson graduates next week and is free to enroll and play the 2015 football season at any university he chooses.

Golson graduates next week and is free to enroll and play the 2015 football season at any university he chooses.

Without getting into the whole thing. Yes ND does have the power to block transfer to certain schools. Yes they do have to prove a reason. However for them to block Texas, the first team on the schedule this fall. Is a pretty good reason.

This was the same rule Wilson had a couple of years ago. Upon leaving NC St. with his degree in his hand. NC St. blocked him from joining ANY ACC team, or any team on NC St. schedule for that fall. Which also included S. Alabama, Cincy, and C. Michigan. The NCAA will not allow a school to be hung over a barrel for a kid that wasn't going to get the start. From getting an easy in at another school. And for good reason. I doubt anyone would have wanted a Michigan QB to transfer to MSU or Ohio State, or even ND when they were on the schedule. There is just nothing positive to that.

You are welcome to look into it. It has been pretty fairly reported that ND holds this veto power. But if you can find where it states that they can't. Show it, I would be happy to read it.

LINK STATING ND WILL BLOCK TEXAS

Last edited:
The only question that matters at this point, is when domer fans will crank up the "Zaire for Heisman" machine.

I'm guessing two games into the season. If they win against Texas (which they should fairly easily), the movement will mobilize right away.

The only question that matters at this point, is when domer fans will crank up the "Zaire for Heisman" machine.

I'm guessing two games into the season. If they win against Texas (which they should fairly easily), the movement will mobilize right away.

You seem to be the first one to mention it. So if I see it get cranked up I will them know you led the way :)

You seem to be the first one to mention it. So if I see it get cranked up I will them know you led the way :)
Only because I have been to this particular dance already. A few times actually - Quinn - Claussen - Crist - Golson. It's like a sign of summer at II.

I'm surprised there aren't five threads on your free board about it already.

The credit goes to Lennay Kekua. She is an inspiration to us all.

'She' almost won ND a Heisman, and almost gave the first true defensive player one in the history of college football. That would have been awesome. Was the guy dumb as a bag of hammers about it? Absolutely. But that ain't my thing. He gets to live with that one the rest of his life.

They could let him play OL with the other 8 QB's on scholarship.

'She' almost won ND a Heisman, and almost gave the first true defensive player one in the history of college football. That would have been awesome. Was the guy dumb as a bag of hammers about it? Absolutely. But that ain't my thing. He gets to live with that one the rest of his life.
Yeah, and tell me how that "inspirational" story of the dying girlfriend (or was it fiancee?) didn't play a role in the Heisman run at the time.

too bad Michigan isn't on the schedule...then you'd see those Heisman numbers !

For our quarterback? Sure. You clowns made even Tate look good.
They did hold Denard to 500 yards total offense the one time, so that's pretty good.

"We have not talked about their coaches. We have not talked about their players. We'll talk tomorrow..."

For our quarterback? Sure. You clowns made even Tate look good.

1-notre-dame.gif

Not as good of a player as B. Edwards was. But he was fun to watch.

Only because I have been to this particular dance already. A few times actually - Quinn - Claussen - Crist - Golson. It's like a sign of summer at II.

I'm surprised there aren't five threads on your free board about it already.
It started two years ago, didn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT