ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Five Guys Burgers...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
What's going on with this franchise? I think the food is awesome but a store out near West Bloomfield closed a few months ago now the one in Ann Arbor? Strange if you ask me.

What's going on with this franchise? I think the food is awesome but a store out near West Bloomfield closed a few months ago now the one in Ann Arbor? Strange if you ask me.
Hi stress and demands. Highest suicide rate amongst any franchisees

Lots of comp from better burger chains. Personally, I find 5 Guys' burgers and fries to be way too oily.Ate there twice and never went back.

They are flourishing here in San Diego. All over the place. Their hot dogs are pretty darn good.

I read an article in M-Live (?) and it quoted the district manager as saying that the locations in question were actually TOO close to the school to be feasible. He said that the typical student check/bill averaged about 8 bucks at these locations, while at the the more family friendly stores they averaged closer to 20-30 bucks per. He also mentioned the exorbitant rent costs and that anything done through the city (inspections, garbage removal, taxes, etc.) were 3 times the cost at their other places not right in downtown. I think he closed his comments with something about how this would continue to be an issue for businesses in A.A. until they made it a little easier (cheaper) for them and other retail establishments to operate. tifwiw.

Sounds like excuse making to me. Yes, rents are expensive but Chipotle a few doors down has lines out the door. 5 Guys has been like a mausoleum since soon after it opened.

And since when has Farmington Hills been a college town?

Last edited:
Sounds like excuse making to me. Yes, rents are expensive but Chipotle a few doors down has lines out the door. 5 Guys has been like a mausoleum since soon after it opened.

And since when has Farmington Hills been a college town?

He referenced the AA location in his OP, and that's what I clearly referenced in my post. Is it an excuse? How the fvck do I know or, care? Just chiming in what I actually read in a related article yesterday, but thanks for your stellar contribution. Sheesh.....this fvckin' guy.

Do you suffer from a persecution complex? Where did I call you out personally?

I was just pointing out that what the manager said is BS. The branch on State St. was a flop.

Do you feel that adding f bombs strengthens your case somehow?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT