ADVERTISEMENT

Insider On Louisville and Cincinatti head coach situation, impact to Michigan

Trevor McCue

Senior Editor
Staff
Feb 2, 2022
Cincinatti made a surprise hire this morning, going with current Louisville coach Scott Satterfield to replace departing Luke Fickell.
Interesting enough, the two are going to play each other in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl (real name).

In terms of impact to Michigan, the obvious is no one on staff will be heading to Cinci. I think this is the one opening that may have made sense for Minter. Never say never, this is crazy season, but I think I feel comfortable with Minter returning next season. Cinci LB coach and former Michigan LB James Ross does not appear to be heading to Wisconsin, so we will have to wait and see what happens there, but I do think some staff shake up could see him return to Ann Arbor. If you read my story on Ross earlier this year you know the connection he feels to Michigan and Harbaugh.

Co-OC/OL Coach Sherrone Moore did spend 5 seasons as a GA and TE coach at Louisville. I have no idea if Moore would be interested. For what it's worth, I reached out to a connection I have at Louisville who said he does not believe Moore is on the initial list. But even if there was interest, timing would make that a tough move. Louisville has #1 RB Reuben Owens currently committed, and while he is not backing out of his pledge yet, Louisville will likely want to move quick to get a new coach working. I would expect Jeff Brohm, who turned Louisville down in the past, may seriously consider returning to his alma matter this time around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News