ADVERTISEMENT

On Dante Moore

Anison

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
With apologies for starting yet another Dante Moore thread but felt this perspective shouldn’t be buried. (@Josh Henschke feel free to move this under your latest update thread)

This is a prime example of trusting UM’s coaches to manage their roster and, perhaps more important, their locker room / culture.

A week ago when the news broke of Moore entering the portal, I was convinced UM wouldn’t touch him with a 100’ pole after the mess he made of his recruitment out of high school. It’s no great secret Dante allowed his recruitment to be dictated by the economic motivations of other people. As a result, he found himself in a suboptimal situation at UCLA.

People change - especially 19 year olds, eventually they mature and they grow up.

Circumstances change - and often there are compelling, unseen reasons why a kid like Moore would want to be back closer to home.

I don’t know whether Moore will land at UM but today, with the benefit of a little more information, I’m very confident UM’s coaches wouldn’t be talking with Moore at all if they didn’t believe in the ability of people and circumstances to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News