ADVERTISEMENT

Insider On Clink and Elston...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
If you've been paying attention, you would know that Harbaugh has been in pursuit of both Steve Clinkscale and Mike Elston since his departure to Los Angeles. Both have raises and offers in hand but Sherrone Moore is working to keep them both.

Moore is also offering raises to both, as he will be doing for practically every member of the staff. A decision won't be coming down to money.

Here's where I am failing to connect the dots: If playcalling responsibilities were THAT important, why haven't both of them gone to Los Angeles already? It's clear that Moore is on the hunt for a DC with experience in the role and scheme. He is clearly looking around at those who aren't named Elston and Clinkscale.

So why is Elston and Clink still working? Why haven't they jumped at Harbaugh's offer?

Unless there's some sort of belief that Moore will circle back to you if he strikes out with multiple guys? I find it odd that they're still here if an offer from LA is so enticing (which I don't know if it truly is).

Here's where I am: Both are in Ann Arbor working and carrying on their duties. Until they stop doing that, that's when I will be concerned.

Right now, I have no reason to believe both are leaning toward leaving and have received zero intel to suggest they're gone. Could it happen? Of course, but both guys are currently working and going on like they are members of the staff.

Should you be concerned that Harbaugh is making a push? It would be silly not to be concerned but I am not ready to waive the white flag and say they're both gone, at least not yet. Who knows, new info could come out that makes all my points totally debunked but this is where we are.

Could it be posturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News