ADVERTISEMENT

Okay. Who had UM 4-2 and MSU 3-4 at this point? Answer: No one...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
especially ME.

Here are a few things I have noticed.

1. Dawkins is a role player/bench guy. Seems to like playing against other bench guys and not with as much responsibility. A different player...not as sheepish.

2. Irvin looks good with his driving. Love that attacking mindset. Shooting better and is at home. No Guestavo...he isn't a very good 3 pt shooter. Sorry.

3. The biggest thing I have noticed (by far) is that this team has started to hit the boards. Maybe they realized you have to play defense to win. Seem to really make a concerted effort to box out. Maybe after being punked so many times that pride set it...finally. Or JB and staff have coached them up.

No one will mistake them for Purdue or Xavier but it's nice to see a team with a little spine.

RM

I did forget to mention Donnal which has pushed Doyle back to his 2nd team status (rightfully so).

It's amazing how the JB system looks a lot better when he gets production #5 & #4 and his teams hit the glass. Amazing...actually look like a tourney team.

RM

especially ME.

1. Dawkins is a role player/bench guy. Seems to like playing against other bench guys and not with as much responsibility. A different player...not as sheepish.

2. Irvin looks good with his driving. Love that attacking mindset. Shooting better and is at home. No Guestavo...he isn't a very good 3 pt shooter. Sorry.

3. The biggest thing I have noticed (by far) is that this team has started to hit the boards. Maybe they realized you have to play defense to win. Seem to really make a concerted effort to box out. Maybe after being punked so many times that pride set it...finally. Or JB and staff have coached them up.

No one will mistake them for Purdue or Xavier but it's nice to see a team with a little spine.

RM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. UM is 4-2, not 6-2.

L
especially ME.

RM
Last I checked were 4-2 not 6-2,with s very tough road game Saturday. If we win Saturday, we may roll off 4-5 more straight.

I think almost everybody had UM at 4-2 at this point. That was pretty much the consensus from the weird schedule that had 3 very easy games and 3 very hard games to start conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT