ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Legit?

ecrosswhite

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2016
Now I will agree that Ohio State is Legit if they beat Wisconsin, it's a common opponent and they are ranked in the top ten after 5 games What do you all think....#2 or over rated?

There are clear offensive cracks in OSU's game when they are, oh how pleased I'm able to type this, pressured by a strong defensive line. Barrett is an outstanding runner, but he does not look good when he's not comfortably bobbing in the pocket.

Wisconsin has a good game plan and it looks like OSU's defense has their hands full with a power offense. OSU does not look great playing against manball so far.

Peavy is actually able to make some good plays against osu, where he wasn't able to against UM. And i don't even remember hearing Wisci TE name when they played UM. That bye week definitely helped them prepare for OSU.
Now they just need to punch it in the endzone instead of kicking field goals.

There was an obvious holding against Wisky on the TD run. Meyer's teams are generally not flagged much such as Saban's. OSU's OL is so much better than Michigan's though. Wisky can barely get pressure and Barrett's ability to run is the difference maker.

There was an obvious holding against Wisky on the TD run. Meyer's teams are generally not flagged much such as Saban's. OSU's OL is so much better than Michigan's though. Wisky can barely get pressure and Barrett's ability to run is the difference maker.
What game are you watching?

What game are you watching?

The one in which OSU is getting ready to score for the win you idiot because of Barrett. Oh excuse me for the tie at the 4:00 mark. U guys who who don't know the game and think you do because your watching the ball every snap crack me up. Watch Meyer's team step to the plate in the last few minutes to pull this one out and they are very very young. They are good. Stop watching the ball and look at that OL who gives Barrett 10 minutes to throw. Speight ran for his life against that same defense and UM only put 14 on it.

Last edited:
Very very stupid play call on the vertical. Why on earth would you call that when you are 2nd and 8 and 12 yards from your kickers strike zone!!! call overturned and now OSU brings in their speed package to force the punt. Watch Barrett in the final 50 seconds because Wisky cannot get any pressure. Meyer wants to play the over time game to win.

Athletes, Athletes, Athletes and arguably the best college football coach right now and certainly right there with Saban. The Bucks will pull this one out folks. Speed speed speed speed speed!!!!!! Alabama and OSU are the best two best teams in the nation this year. The Tide, however, are much better than the Bucks right now. The Bucks will be undefeated when UM rolls into Columbus. Michigan, however, probably won't be because of their offense. The offense has several weapons but I just don't have much confidence in Speight folks.

Last edited:
We can beat OSU, period, they are not invincible, they are a very talented, but young team and Barrett is a very talented, scrambling QB who has flaws.

We can beat OSU, period, they are not invincible, they are a very talented, but young team and Barrett is a very talented, scrambling QB who has flaws.

Oh we can beat them because anyone can lose at any time BUT our QB is an issue folks and OSU is going to score more than 7 on our defense. Michigan must also find a consistent kicker before crowning themselves national champions. Not this year guys- 2 3 years down the road

I know much more than you I guarantee it. Football has changed since 1985 when you were running water bottles out to the team during a timeout

Always good to have a know-it-all on the board.
FYI. No one ever challenged your emaculant brain power about the game, so no clue where you get off on trying to tell others off.

Wisconsin played an incredible game today - that defense is legit and honestly anyone that gets concerned about our offense - if not for 3 missed FGs, we were march up and down against the Wisci defense. Now a home game at Madison is a different story.

I think OSU does struggle with man-ball but honestly for as good as the Wisconsin D was, JT had all day to throw the ball - all day - I expect that won't be the case with Michigan. Wisconsin did an unreal job stopping the option running lanes though - hats off to them.

I think on both the OSU TDs there were blatant holds that were not called but well played game.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
Oh we can beat them because anyone can lose at any time BUT our QB is an issue folks and OSU is going to score more than 7 on our defense. Michigan must also find a consistent kicker before crowning themselves national champions. Not this year guys- 2 3 years down the road

Other than Bama UM has just as good a shot at winning a national championship as anyone else..

Reactions: detroitjohn
I know much more than you I guarantee it. Football has changed since 1985 when you were running water bottles out to the team during a timeout

What's with the ad hominem attacks?

If you're a knowledgeable poster your football insight should be self-evident.

Speight has definitely got to improve for us to beat OSU. The good news is he isn't a turnover machine. The bad news? Accuracy and mobility are very average at best. This is about the time Rudock made some big strides in his game for us, hopefully Speight follows suit.

Speight has definitely got to improve for us to beat OSU. The good news is he isn't a turnover machine. The bad news? Accuracy and mobility are very average at best. This is about the time Rudock made some big strides in his game for us, hopefully Speight follows suit.

100% correct and don't forget to add a consistent kicker. Hopefully, Nordin is healthy and given the opportunity to kick instead of allowing Kenny Allen to continue to miss. Rudock was very smart and he had the capability of running when he had to run. Speight is a pocket plant right now and when it collapses he is sacked. Hopefully he will grow the next few weeks. The scary game right now is MSU. It is bizarre that they are losing like they are. They can't be that bad and now you don't know which team will show up. Something has got to be going on internally in that program.

Not by much....a freshman QB almost led his team to a victory vs them. With a little more help from his D he would have.

Now I will agree that Ohio State is Legit if they beat Wisconsin, it's a common opponent and they are ranked in the top ten after 5 games What do you all think....#2 or over rated?
Now that The Buckeyes survived Wisconsin (Yes, I said survived. We almost lost but our defense stepped up when we needed them to) I feel that our #2 ranking is legit. Also, I can't WAIT for the last Saturday in November to see if The Buckeyes can keep the streak alive.

I don't understand the thinking. OSU is good but very beatable. Wisky put up 450 yards of offense on them. +230 yards rushing.

Also, OSU is very predictable on offense with a lackluster passing game.

Shutdown the running game (including Barrett) and we're coming out of the shoe with a win on our way to Indy...

I don't understand the thinking. OSU is good but very beatable. Wisky put up 450 yards of offense on them. +230 yards rushing.

Also, OSU is very predictable on offense with a lackluster passing game.

Shutdown the running game (including Barrett) and we're coming out of the shoe with a win on our way to Indy...
That's just it. You have to shut down the running game and even then, OSU has a good receiver corps. The question you need to ask is is Michigan up to the task of shutting down OSU potent ground game? That remains to be seen

Athletes, Athletes, Athletes and arguably the best college football coach right now and certainly right there with Saban. The Bucks will pull this one out folks. Speed speed speed speed speed!!!!!! Alabama and OSU are the best two best teams in the nation this year. The Tide, however, are much better than the Bucks right now. The Bucks will be undefeated when UM rolls into Columbus. Michigan, however, probably won't be because of their offense. The offense has several weapons but I just don't have much confidence in Speight folks.
Are you serious? If we don't get to cbus undefeated, then something catastrophic has happened - and I mean "end of days" catastrophic. There is absolutely no way we should have a loss prior to The Game.

All this wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth is getting lame. Who's gonna stop us? Michigan State? Why? Because they're going to play us tough? Hoke is long gone - the days of apologies are in our rearview mirror - the days of "F you - try and stop us" are here.

Having said that, I predict we'll be sniffing roses when all is said and done and dOSU moves on.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
Give up all hope "folks". Michigan will lose. Its been prophecied!
Our chances of winning the B1G or the NC are false hopes and you should stop dreaming, now.

I am just as big of a Michigan fan as anyone on this board and I think Michigan has a good team this year, however, they have three areas which are a serious Achilles heal against a well coached team like Alabama and the likes of our Buckeye friends. #1- Our QB #2- Our OL (no running game) #3 Our kicking situation.It is delusional to think otherwise. Yes, Harbaugh is a top five college coach BUT he has to prove more to be considered in the same breath of Saban and Meyer and their COLLEGE coaching careers. The proving will be taking Michigan in his second year and beating OSU in Columbus, getting into the playoffs and then beating Alabama. Harbaugh is excellent no doubt and Michigan will have a phenomenal year and they COULD beat OSU in Columbus but they MUST improve vastly in those areas to do so. Meyer has taken a baby squad this year and look at what he has done so far. They will go undefeated once again unless knocked off by Michigan or beaten by Alabama in the playoffs. That is why he is so good. Like it or not and I hate OSU but they are at another level with him at the helm and he has already proven that not to mention what he did in Florida. Harbaugh will do the same at UM but getting over that final hump could take another year or two. Its all about recruiting and coaching the talent and Harbaugh is loading up our future rosters. However, so is Meyer year after year.

Last edited:
I dont know why, but Wisconsin was playing mostly "Prevent" defense late in the game, only rushing three. That will not be us. Attack. Attack. Attack

I am just as big of a Michigan fan as anyone on this board and I think Michigan has a good team this year, however, they have three areas which are a serious Achilles heal against a well coached team like Alabama and the likes of our Buckeye friends. #1- Our QB #2- Our OL (no running game) #3 Our kicking situation.It is delusional to think otherwise. Yes, Harbaugh is a top five college coach BUT he has to prove more to be considered in the same breath of Saban and Meyer and their COLLEGE coaching careers. The proving will be taking Michigan in his second year and beating OSU in Columbus, getting into the playoffs and then beating Alabama. Harbaugh is excellent no doubt and Michigan will have a phenomenal year and they COULD beat OSU in Columbus but they MUST improve vastly in those areas to do so. Meyer has taken a baby squad this year and look at what he has done so far. They will go undefeated once again unless knocked off by Michigan or beaten by Alabama in the playoffs. That is why he is so good. Like it or not and I hate OSU but they are at another level with him at the helm and he has already proven that not to mention what he did in Florida. Harbaugh will do the same at UM but getting over that final hump could take another year or two. Its all about recruiting and coaching the talent and Harbaugh is loading up our future rosters. However, so is Meyer year after year.

Dude, no one doubts that you're a UM fan. Well, some might actually.
Nevertheless, the point is you talk like these 3 issues that UM needs to work on aren't fixable or something they're able to overcome.
Look, just look at what JH has been able to do with that team in the time he's been there. UM wasn't supposed to win as many games or be as good as they were last year, but guess what?! They exceeded all expectations.
There is no reason UM can't go into Ohio this year undefeated. These players know what's at stake. Who's to say UM hasn't showed all their cards yet and can still turn it up a few more notches in the second half of they season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT