ADVERTISEMENT

Of all the Harbaugh changes so far

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
the most impressive change that bodes well for UM in the future is putting a footprint in other areas of the country. Harbaugh truly get's it and recognizes exactly where UM is in the pecking order in the Big Ten.

The state of MI just doesn't have enough talent.
Ohio is locked down by OSU.

In order for UM to prosper it has to spread it's tentacles and going down south is a very good start. I was watching film on Keith Washington by accident and this Harbaugh is onto something :). This brings me to something I saw on an interview with Dytavious Johnson.

He was talking about how he moved from Tx to Alabama and how hard the coaches work these guys. These are football states and it seems better football players come from different areas of the country. Harbaugh has found a way to evaluate talent from the football hotbeds.

Guy may be quirky but he knows football. I think UM is going to have a roster in a few years with 1/2 the guys from the west/south.

Reality Man

Any program in the North that wants to be a national contender has to recruit Beyond the state and regional footprint. Meyer is doing that at OSU. Dantonio is trying. One of the biggest advantages for Harbaugh is that you would assume he has national recognition.

Any program in the North that wants to be a national contender has to recruit Beyond the state and regional footprint. Meyer is doing that at OSU. Dantonio is trying. One of the biggest advantages for Harbaugh is that you would assume he has national recognition.

Correct!!!! High school football in the south from the Carolina's to Texas is flat out the best. Many of the larger high schools are as good as small colleges. I grew up in Michigan, however, my parents were southerners who moved back south when I was a teenager in the 80's and I can tell you that schools like Cass Tech, Farmington Harrison, and the bigger Catholic schools would get manhandled down here in football with schools their size. High school football in Florida and Georgia is ridiculous. Midwestern football is all about Ohio and Pennsylvania which is not so great now because of the massive population shift. Even the bigger Ohio powerhouse programs would get crushed in Florida and Texas. For those interested, take a look at the websites of schools like Camden County, Georgia and Lowndes County, Georgia along with Valdosta. These schools could hang with Hillsdale College and probably beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT