ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA wrestling tournament seeds and brackets have been released...

nickespitia

Michigan Man
Oct 24, 2005
Here are where Michigan's wrestlers have been seeded and a few thoughts on their draws. You can find full seeds and brackets here

• 125 - Nick Suriano #1 seed - I think Suriano is the clear favorite. Anything can happen but I will be surprised if he doesn't bring home his second NCAA title.
  • 133 - Dylan Ragusin #6 seed - I like Ragusin's draw. McGee from ASU is tough but I'm always a bit skeptical of Pac 12 guys. I think that is a match that Ragusin can win and he has a chance to make the semi-finals. He's not likely to beat Fix but I feel much better about his chances to make it to him than I would if he were on the top side of the bracket with Desanto and Foley (even though he just beat Foley). I like his chance at making the podium based on the draw.
  • 141 - Stevan Micic #24 seed - Who knows? Micic has an ok draw, I guess, but he's been such a mixed bag all year. Hopefully he has some time to recover and can put it together for one last NCAA run . He's talented enough to make the semi-finals from his spot right now but he'd really have to wrestle better than he has so far this season.
  • 157 - Will Lewan #8 seed - I don't love Lewan's draw. He'll get Young from Iowa in the round of 16 and Young been a problem for him in the past (Young was upset in an early round in the big tens so they didn't wrestle). Lewan's big ten success didn't really help his draw as much as I hoped it would.
  • 165 - Cam Amine #6 seed - I think Cam's draw at 165 is decent enough. He will likely run into Marinelli in the quarters which would be tough to win but he would then be in a good position to place. Also Marinelli has a history of wrestling poorly at NCAAs so it would be cool if someone could upset him before he got to Cam (or Cam could do it haha).
  • 174 - Logan Massa #3 seed - Massa is set up well at 174. If he makes the semi's against Lewis he's got a chance to get back to the finals. He did beat Lewis at senior nationals last year so it's definitely possible.
  • 184 - Myles Amine #1 seed - I think Amine really helped himself out with getting the one seed. Now he'll only have to get through one of Brooks and Hidlay from NC ST instead of both of them.
  • 197 - Pat Brucki #4 seed - I also like Brucki's draw. I really think he should have beaten Dean the last time they wrestled and think he matches up better here than he did against Schultz from Nebraska. He's already beaten Bonaccorsi this year and based on the draw could be a dark horse candidate to make the finals.
  • HWT - Mason Parris #7 seed - This is the best that Mason could have hoped for in terms of seeding. I think Schultz is overrated as the 3 seed and he has a lot of previous success against Cassioppi. Cassioppi has certainly improved but I like Mason's chances here better than if he had to get through Steveson or Kerkvliet. Everyone is wresting for second and I think this is Mason's best chance to get there based on how the year has gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News