ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on game, for anyone who cares..

schemy

All-League
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2001
• I’ve been a hard core fan since around ‘84. Not sure I can remember 4-5 backs I love more than HH. Every time he runs it, you can feel his passion to win. Not the fastest or most talented. Just a guy who gives his all for Michigan on every single run. No fumbles. No negative plays. He’s the heart and soul of this team.
• thought Gattis called a good game but i hated the 4 and 2 call to HH out off tackle. Jumbo formation just made it too easy for PSU . Play seemed doomed from the beginning.
• I love watching Anthony out there. Think he may become my favorite receiver ever. I just think AC when I see #1 stroll out there. Kid could be an all time great.
• got great vibes on that last drive. Saw JH yelling to OL ‘one more first down’ and we went out and got it in one play with Haskins. Awesome.
• I cannot help but wonder what this offense would be like with a qb run threat. No offense to Cade, but dang that keep is so open so many times. I wonder sometimes why we even do it? I’d rather us go under center on 3/4 and short. I did like seeing the QB sneak late in the game under center.
• we just look so well coached on defense. Guys are in place, even when we don’t come up with the play. Today, guys like Barrett, Jeter and Mazu really made some big plays. Even inside the 20 it felt PSU was NOT scoring 6.
• Dax is like a LB in a DB body out on the edge. He seems kinda quiet but when you watch replays, no wr can block him and he’s killer against wide passes and bunch formations. Just blows stuff up.
• loved seeing Junior come back in after getting hurt. Love seeing Moore playing fast and aggressive. That big hit was so important. And DJ was right there on TD and 2 point conversion.
• Wish we were better at making plays on ball sometimes. Ross missed a pick. Maybe Grey could’ve had one in end zone if he reacted quick enough. Think Dax too could’ve had one.
• Donovan missed a big hole on his 2nd carry and don’t think we saw him again. Still, that kid has a different gear for sure. Hope against Maryland we can give him a series to get more in the groove.
• Hayes seemed to set too soon and was so late to any counter the DE had. But I did like seeing him dive into the pile after the fumble. I also saw Cade way downfield trying to block on a long HH run in the 4th quarter.
• I’ll bet if we asked our OL they’re say the PSU DL was the best they’ve played. We got bullied at times. Too much seeing Keegan, Hayes, and Vastardis being stoned or pushed back. No fault in effort though from what I could see.
• Cade can be frustrating at times. The big 3rd play to HH where he went to a knee to catch it? Come on , Cade. Get the ball up 1 foot and we gotta first diwn. Hitting the back of a lineman’s helmet in 1st half? He doesn’t have to be perfect but I’d like to see him fix things like that. But the 1st TD to Wilson? That was nice.
• our DT’s were awesome today. The middle was off limits for PSU. And the DE’s were obviously awesome. Clifford is a tough dude.
• imagine if we had Corum today? And props to HH again. He willed us to victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News