ADVERTISEMENT

My theory - Some OSU players and possibly coaches intentionally threw the game against MSU

Tigers2349

Letterman
Oct 21, 2015
I almost think some of the OSU players may have threw this game on purpose. Perhaps the coaches like Fickell did as well with horrible defensive game planning against a backup QB. I doubt Meyer did as I do not think he has as much natural hatred for Michigan as Tressel and Dantonio and Fickell do. He only hated Michigan for selfish reasons for himself and because he has to being part of the Buckeye community where as Tressel, Fickell and Dantonio hate Michigan more naturally for their own program reasons that it is personal to them where as with Meyer, it is all about us being just a road block to the Big Ten and he only says we are the only rival to them because he would be roasted by Buckeye fans for saying anything else.

Think about it this before you say there is no way anyone would do this, What better way to hurt Michigan than to allow Sparty to have a game defining win that could help them build momentum as a program not only for this season, but future perception as wel. with recruiting and such as they are not a historical blue blood already. I mean it potentially could help MSU from a long term program perspective with a win like yesterday more than it hurts OSU as a program long term with a loss. Unless Meyer starts having panic attacks again and OSU hires a bad coach, than OSU a s program because of how strong historically they are, will not be hurt at all with this loss where as MSU winning not only helps them this year, but possibly long term as a program as well. OSU losing yesterday to MSU hurts them this year, but not long term unless Meyer leaves and they hire a bad coach.

Some OSU coaches and players hate Michigan so much and they already got their NC that they would rather not take their chances with a loss at the Big House and allow Michigan to Indy even though OSU themselves could have controlled that by beating us if they had beat MSU. They already got their NC last year and what better way once again to try and allow another equal hated rival who competes with instate recruits by the way a path to the playoffs which is the nightmare of everyone in Wolverine nation more so than OSU going back for the reasons mentioned above.

MSU winning yesterday definitely helps them this year, but potentially long term as well which is why I threw F bombs at the TV and screamed when that field goal was made as well as f-bombs at f**tonio and Izzo and MSU as a whole yesterday even though I hate both OSU and MSU almost equally although now I probably hate MSU a little bit more but not much more.

I cannot stand Hollis Dantonio and Izzo (Izzo who is like the biggest cheer leader for MSU football out of all basketball coaches in the country much more so than any other program's BB coach cheering on their FB team) and them trying to make a mockery of Michigan in the 2 sports that count makes me sick and hate them more than almost anything.

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Sometimes coaches have bad game plans and deserve to lose.

RM

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Sometimes coaches have bad game plans and deserve to lose.

RM

Without Cook in the Shoe, something is very suspicious. If Cook had played then no. But because he didn't and the unthinkable happened, it all makes sense of it being possible, although still not for sure, but would not surprise me

Last edited:
Your theory makes no sense - why would OSU throw the game away and lose a chance at a national championship. If they already had 4-5 losses, then maybe your theory would hold merit. MSU surprised OSU with their option attack - OSU was not prepared for it all week in practice so give MSU some credit!

Your theory makes no sense - why would OSU throw the game away and lose a chance at a national championship. If they already had 4-5 losses, then maybe your theory would hold merit. MSU surprised OSU with their option attack - OSU was not prepared for it all week in practice so give MSU some credit!

I will never give that dbag Douchtonio credit for anything other than taking advantage of an inept OSU game plan. It was all on OSU, MSU had nothing to do with making OSU look that way.

OSU knew all week Cook was questionable. And why let the option beat you. MSU could not throw that well with backups, so stack the line and they cannot beat you. The fact that Fickell could not prepare for thqat means he is a bad DC. He was terrible all 2012 2013 and even 2014 and only became somewhat decent starting with Wisky in Indy last year last year. Now he has regressed back to his bad DC form.

I will never give that dbag Douchtonio credit for anything other than taking advantage of an inept OSU game plan. It was all on OSU, MSU had nothing to do with making OSU look that way.

OSU knew all week Cook was questionable. And why let the option beat you. MSU could not throw that well with backups, so stack the line and they cannot beat you. The fact that Fickell could not prepare for thqat means he is a bad DC. He was terrible all 2012 2013 and even 2014 and only became somewhat decent starting with Wisky in Indy last year last year. Now he has regressed back to his bad DC form.

Wait a minute, now you're blaming Fickell and Meyer? How are they supposed to game plan around their players throwing the game (as your OP claimed)?

In all seriousness, Meyer knew Cook was questionable and knew what the weather was going to be like. He incorrectly assumed that his running game (between Elliott and Barrett) would be far more effective than MSU's, but given the teams' ability to run thus far this season, that wasn't a bad assumption.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, now you're blaming Fickell and Meyer? How are they supposed to game plan around their players throwing the game (as your OP claimed)?

In all seriousness, Meyer knew Cook was questionable and knew what the weather was going to be like. He incorrectly assumed that his running game (between Elliott and Barrett) would be far more effective than MSU's, but given the teams' ability to run thus far this season, that wasn't a bad assumption.

It was a stupid decision not to stack the box with Cook out. And stupid to only run against th strength of one's team and rarely if ever pass against the weakness of another team (MSU secondary)

Either Fickell is incompetent or he intentionally wanted to lose this game because he hates Michigan more than even Tressel did.

Yeah, a conspiracy theory!!!! Uh huh. :rolleyes:

As usual when it comes to conspiracy theories, the simplest explanation is usually the best. Namely: MSU simply had a better scheme and outplayed OSU, who was trying equally hard to win the game themselves, given that a loss to MSU would seriously hurt their chances at winning the B1G and National Championship.

Relax guys. Michigan State only opened -1+1/2 vs Penn State. Line is very strange low. Cook must not be playing. One of the 2 backup QB's that played against Ohio State hurt his ankle at the end of the game. If Nassib is back for Penn State defense, and MSU QB's out, Penn State might actually have a shot to beat Michigan State. Sounds crazy but it could happen.

Relax guys. Michigan State only opened -1+1/2 vs Penn State. Line is very strange low. Cook must not be playing. One of the 2 backup QB's that played against Ohio State hurt his ankle at the end of the game. If Nassib is back for Penn State defense, and MSU QB's out, Penn State might actually have a shot to beat Michigan State. Sounds crazy but it could happen.

So true, but if PSU loses, it will no doubt be because Franklin and staff threw the game because he/they hate UM more than they want to win. :)

Reactions: JRMSU
So true, but if PSU loses, it will no doubt be because Franklin and staff threw the game because he/they hate UM more than they want to win. :)

No. Penn State wants to win. Wisky is only favored by 2+1/2 at Minny. If Minny pulls a mild upset, which they could do, and PSU upsets MSU, both Wisky and PSU end up 8-4 with Wisky losing last 2 games. PSU would then have a shot at the Holiday Bowl.

Nobody and I repeat nobody in college athletics hates us more than MSU and OSU,. No one else comes even close.

7 books listed on V'Insider haven't posted their opening betting lines yet.

,,,,,,,,cheers

I almost think some of the OSU players may have threw this game on purpose. Perhaps the coaches like Fickell did as well with horrible defensive game planning against a backup QB. I doubt Meyer did as I do not think he has as much natural hatred for Michigan as Tressel and Dantonio and Fickell do. He only hated Michigan for selfish reasons for himself and because he has to being part of the Buckeye community where as Tressel, Fickell and Dantonio hate Michigan more naturally for their own program reasons that it is personal to them where as with Meyer, it is all about us being just a road block to the Big Ten and he only says we are the only rival to them because he would be roasted by Buckeye fans for saying anything else.

Think about it this before you say there is no way anyone would do this, What better way to hurt Michigan than to allow Sparty to have a game defining win that could help them build momentum as a program not only for this season, but future perception as wel. with recruiting and such as they are not a historical blue blood already. I mean it potentially could help MSU from a long term program perspective with a win like yesterday more than it hurts OSU as a program long term with a loss. Unless Meyer starts having panic attacks again and OSU hires a bad coach, than OSU a s program because of how strong historically they are, will not be hurt at all with this loss where as MSU winning not only helps them this year, but possibly long term as a program as well. OSU losing yesterday to MSU hurts them this year, but not long term unless Meyer leaves and they hire a bad coach.

Some OSU coaches and players hate Michigan so much and they already got their NC that they would rather not take their chances with a loss at the Big House and allow Michigan to Indy even though OSU themselves could have controlled that by beating us if they had beat MSU. They already got their NC last year and what better way once again to try and allow another equal hated rival who competes with instate recruits by the way a path to the playoffs which is the nightmare of everyone in Wolverine nation more so than OSU going back for the reasons mentioned above.

MSU winning yesterday definitely helps them this year, but potentially long term as well which is why I threw F bombs at the TV and screamed when that field goal was made as well as f-bombs at f**tonio and Izzo and MSU as a whole yesterday even though I hate both OSU and MSU almost equally although now I probably hate MSU a little bit more but not much more.

I cannot stand Hollis Dantonio and Izzo (Izzo who is like the biggest cheer leader for MSU football out of all basketball coaches in the country much more so than any other program's BB coach cheering on their FB team) and them trying to make a mockery of Michigan in the 2 sports that count makes me sick and hate them more than almost anything.
And now I have seen it all. SMH. This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long long time. Thanks for the laugh

Reactions: michnittlion
And now I have seen it all. SMH. This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long long time. Thanks for the laugh

OK Homer, say after me, "Dantonio is one helluva coach and built one helluva program!" He deserves all the accolades that comes his way...he stuffed OSU's running game, knowing that there was no way in hell that Barrett would beat them. Probably felt that Urbs wouldn't give Jones any minutes since he went with Barrett, even though Jones led them to the title last year. OSU has a very explosive and dynamic offense...no way Sparty wants to get in a shooting match vs. OSU w/o Conner Cook. They loaded the box and dared OSU to beat them with the pass...in shitty weather. Dantonio is a maestro irt playing the disrespect card, etc. No body gave MSU a chance with Cook on the sidelines, wasn't the spread like 13 points and they didn't know if Cook was out.
Just suck it up and give State credit...they took it to OSU. They deserve everything they got, as does Urbs and Brutus.

OK Homer, say after me, "Dantonio is one helluva coach and built one helluva program!" He deserves all the accolades that comes his way...he stuffed OSU's running game, knowing that there was no way in hell that Barrett would beat them. Probably felt that Urbs wouldn't give Jones any minutes since he went with Barrett, even though Jones led them to the title last year. OSU has a very explosive and dynamic offense...no way Sparty wants to get in a shooting match vs. OSU w/o Conner Cook. They loaded the box and dared OSU to beat them with the pass...in shitty weather. Dantonio is a maestro irt playing the disrespect card, etc. No body gave MSU a chance with Cook on the sidelines, wasn't the spread like 13 points and they didn't know if Cook was out.
Just suck it up and give State credit...they took it to OSU. They deserve everything they got, as does Urbs and Brutus.

I hate them so much and I would likely vomit if they won an NC I cannot give them any credit when OSU's offense has looked pedestrian all year and did not even try to throw.

Yes Dantonio has built a very good program there, but they did not do anything special to win that game,. OSU simply sucked and the only credit MSU gets is taking advantage. There was not any masterful game plan or anything that caused it other than OSU refusing to throw the ball and running into the strength of MSU's defense.

I hate them so much and I would likely vomit if they won an NC I cannot give them any credit when OSU's offense has looked pedestrian all year and did not even try to throw.

Yes Dantonio has built a very good program there, but they did not do anything special to win that game,. OSU simply sucked and the only credit MSU gets is taking advantage. There was not any masterful game plan or anything that caused it other than OSU refusing to throw the ball and running into the strength of MSU's defense.
Fair enough...

Nah! Grassy Knoll thinking here. Buckeyes were looking toward another NC. They would not have given that away for any reason. Bucks thought this game was in the bag, playing at home against a team with an injured QB. Between the two teams, it was Sparty that underperformed through the first 10 games, not so much OSU. But, aided by rain and wind, Dantonio suckered Buckeyes into a slugfest where the teams would fight it out on even terms. In purely physical terms, Sparty manhandled the Buckeyes, out gaining them 2 to 1 on the ground and holding the ball for nearly 40 minutes, wearing down the Buckeye defense in the process. OSU coaches are not stupid: they did not think they could throw the ball down the field in those conditions, and so they did not try (neither did Sparty). On a dry field, Bucks win by a couple of touchdowns. But Sparty got lucky: a monsoon descended over Columbus at game time. And so for this Saturday, Bucks will open up the play book and throw everything at the Wolverine defense, if only to prove what they might have done to Sparty and to show that last week was a complete fluke. Can JH find a way to slow them down and win the game like Sparty did? I think so. Bucks have not played any real competition this season. When Sparty punched them, they flinched. Looking for something similar this Saturday.

Billy-Madison-May-God-Have-Mercy-On-Your-Soul-Meme.jpg

With all the craziness and hatred in the world its sad and pathetic to profess so much hatred and vitriol towards your Spartan or Wolverine brothers and sisters who live next door. Tigers2349 go abroad on vacation sometime and broaden your world view. Its amazing how nearly the entire world neither knows about nor cares about our petty rivalries. For me it is refreshing because I have to step back and realize its only a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT