ADVERTISEMENT

My ideal defensive staff ... 2/3 version

michaelshugars

Letterman
Silver Member
Jan 27, 2024
In an ideal world . . . you can find enough titles and money to make something like this work

Come up with your own titles, we are all speculating and largely flying blind

DL- Elston
LB- Egorugwu
CB- Clinkscale
S- Roy Anderson or Aubrey Pleasant

Anderson was with Seattle last year (2023 season) with Clint Hurtt, who we know has coached with Sherrone so you would think that would not only be a link, but a source of thumbs up or thumbs down. Anderson was mentioned as a candidate along with Clink and Minter back in the 2021 or 2022 search when we were looking for defensive guys, due to his previous connections to Baltimore's staff. Despite all of the experience, he's still in his early side of his mid 40's (43)

Aubrey Pleasant, former UM GA and his name typically comes up in these things. Was a passing game coordinator or something of that ilk in Los Angeles but for the Rams. He was not promoted to DC in LA NOR was he promoted to DC in Atlanta with Raheem Morris. At some point, is taking over the #1 defense in America with several returning starters a quicker road to promotion than waiting out the NFL a la MacDonald and Minter?

I would call all four co-DC or include your Run Game Coordinator and Passing Game Coordinator titles to the two that aren't co-DCs but figure out the money (I know, easy spending other people's money, I get it) ... but this defensive staff would be LIGHTS OUT

And I grew up on 80's Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and Hulk Hogan, so card subject to change as more information becomes available or warrants

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News