ADVERTISEMENT

My annual BTN rant and a ? for you guys…

Big_Houseman

All-American
May 29, 2001
As I’ve mentioned before, ever since the creation of the BTN I’ve been miserable when it comes to being able to watch our games on it. Before the BTN I could find all our games on some service or other but since the network is exclusive to certain providers, not available to me, I was only able to watch on FS1 through a family member’s Version account through my laptop which I would hook up to my TV. This stopped working last year and honestly, I’m extremely upset about it. We’re all huge fans here, so I’m sure you guys can sympathize with having to miss out on a game because you can’t even pay to watch it. I live in an apartment complex that doesn’t allow parabolic antennas (so no DirecTV or others), and yes I know about the FCC regulation that preempts our building regulation, but I don’t want to have to be the a-hole that forces this issue on my neighbors. So, I’m limited to the 1 cable provider we have down here and the services I’m allowed to purchase through the net (i.e.” we have HBOMax, Disney+, ESPN+, HULO, AppleTV, etc.), none of which carry the BTN. Because I feel I can’t be the only B1G fan going through this every time we’re on the BTN, my question to those who are in the same boat as I am is: what do you do? Do you just head to a sports bar, hoping that they’ll have our game on? Do you watch the game through another streaming site that’s probably pirating the BTN? Just wait until someone uploads the game on YouTube? Am I missing another option here (I hope I am)? BTW, I’m in Puerto Rico, so it's not like I can head over to the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News