ADVERTISEMENT

MSU will go 7-5 next season.

pestkan

All-League
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2015
Wins: Furman, Indiana, @Maryland, Illinois, @Rutgers.

Toss Up: Wisconsin, Northwestern, BYU, @PSU

Loss: @ND, Ohio State, Michigan

Their roster is a complete disaster next season. What are the 5 most important positions on an offense? QB, OC, OT, WR, TE?

Ok, well they lose QB (Cook) and replace him with...Terry? O'Connor? The guys that combined for 1 completion in the second half against OSU, nearly lost to Purdue, and had less yards per attempt than any BIG starter. Huge loss.

WR? Burbridge absolutely destroyed us last year and may have played himself into an NFL career. Gone.

TE? Price one of the most prolific and reliable in the conference. Gone.

OC: Allen is an All American talent, will be replaced by his little (and much less heralded) brother. Gone.

OT: Conklin. Top 15 NFL draft pick. Will be likely replaced by a Sophomore with 2 games playing experience. Gone.

Since this is getting too long i'll be brief, on defense things could be even worse.

Best DL gone, top two corners gone, starting LB gone, starting safety gone.

Sparty simply does not recruit college ready players anywhere near the caliber of what they are losing, this will be a very rough season in East Lansing, starting with a blowout loss to a VERY good ND team in South Bend (which will feature elite, but currently injured, starting QB Zaire.)

Would not in any way be surprised to see MSU lose to BYU at home (second year of Tanner Magnum, stout front 7 but new coach is a total unknown.) Northwestern could beat the Spartans (great defense, freshman QB Torsein should be much improved.) I do not think the U of M or OSU games will be close. I actually like PSU to win (likely a night game) in Happy Valley.

Sparty beats the almighty Furman, Rutgers, Dj Durkin, Indiana, Illinois, and 2/3 of BYU, Northwestern, Wisconsin. That's it.

New era.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News