ADVERTISEMENT

Most surprising, most disappointing

Trevor McCue

Senior Editor
Staff
Feb 2, 2022
Mid way Michigan football season.
Can be a player, coach, play design, game outcome, etc.

For me the most surprising piece has been the pass rush. I was never in the camp that it would take a huge step back. Obviously, they couldn't replace Hutch with a single player, but I thought the committee approach could work and the staff would adjust. But Mike Morris has been phenomenal, the rise of Okie so quick has been massive. Harrell has improved as a pass rusher. The pressure coming from the inside with Mazi, Graham, and Jenkins. And obviously the pass rush support from linebackers and guys like Mike Sainristil. Pass rush didn't take a step back, it got better.

Disappointing I will go with parts of the passing game. We knew running the ball would still lead the offense and I actually really like what they are doing now. JJ has missed on deep shots, and defenses have been focusing on not letting Michigan go deep so it isn't necessarily that which I find disappointing. For years Michigan has spread the ball around TOO much in my opinion. Never letting a receiver get in rhythm with constant rotations. Now, they are arguably 8-10 deep and Michigan has really locked into its top 3 receivers. I'm surprised by the lack of involvement of Anthony and Henning, and really thought we'd see something from Clemons at this point. Wouldn't be shocked if any of that happens in the next couple weeks but didn't think the WR room would be used like this after 7 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News