ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan will win 27-20

Daddy Lemon

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2022
Yup 27-20.

Alabamas Season
  • There’s a narrative out there that Alabama is significantly improved. I disagree. Let’s quickly walk through their games.
  • Game 1: middle Tennessee. Blew them out. G5 game so whatever.
  • Game 2: Texas. Held Texas to 27 ex a black zone pick which led to an easy TD. Scored 24. This is really not a terrible performance against Texas which we now know is a great team.
  • Game 3: USF. Just a bad game but Milroe was benched so I don’t care.
  • Game 4: Ole Miss: underrated game by Bama. Per the usual, scored in the mid 20s. But notably held their offense to 10. 24-10. People underrate ole miss bc of injuries that occurred later on.
  • Game 5: Mississippi State: blowout convincing win. MSU is bad.
  • Game 6: Texas A&M: This one is interesting. Texas A&M has dudes in the front 7 like Michigan and Alabama could not run at all. Bama won 26-20.
  • Game 7: Arkansas: clunker. Arkansas is bad and Alabama won 24-21.
  • Game 8: Tennessee: played awful the first half and dominated the second. 34-20. Overall a decent performance on both sides of the ball id say.
  • Game 9: LSU: This is the beginning of the “Alabama fixed their offense” narrative because Alabama scored 42 (to LSUs 28). But LSUs D is terrible and it was heavily injured in the secondary. I’m more impressed by alabamas defense holding them to 28.
  • Game 10: Kentucky: Alabama was up 21-0 in about 5 minutes. Kentucky is an incomplete team on defense… but this game added fuel to the fire that alabamas offense is fixed. I don’t know about that.
  • Game 11: FCS game
  • Game 12: Auburn: lol. The Bama fans will tell you to just throw this game out because it’s cursed or something. Nope not gonna do that. The Alabama offense of usual showed up to this one scoring 20 points plus 7 from a muffed punt + Hail Mary. Won 27-24.
  • Game 13: Georgia. Won 27-24. Like the LSU game I’m impressed with the defense but not so much the offense. Georgias d wasn’t as special this year esp up front. But their offense is elite and Bama once again held an elite offense below 30.
  • —-> Alabamas offense has been “fine” all year.
  • —-> Alabamas defense is elite insofar as it scales well to holding great offenses below 30, but everyone seems to be able to get to 20+.

Michigan Offense / Alabama Defense
  • Bama’s strength is at cornerback and edge. Dropping back is a risk, and throwing outside the numbers is difficult unless you got dudes.
  • Maybe Wilson can replicate what Worthy did (Texas) in terms of burning them deep but I’m not assuming this.
  • Alabama can be fit though in the middle of the field, at linebacker and safety. I expect to see success with deeper crossers and TE stuff.
  • In the run game, Bama has been pretty stout. Except when the QB presents a running threat. JJ!
  • Again it seems like everyone scores 20 and no one scores 30. Id put our offense worse than LSU and Georgia and maybe in line with Texas. That would imply maybe 27 points, with some coming off good field position.

Michigan Defense / Alabama Offense
  • I believe Michigan is the best defense Alabama has faced.
  • Bama wants to do 3 things: run inside, run Milroe and throw deep.
  • I think we take away the inside run with our front 7 without overcommitting you the box.
  • I think we have the speed at safety and backer to slow down Milroe.
  • And our secondary has already faced a better deep threat team in OSU.
  • That said I expect Bama to hit several explosives. Milroe will make stuff happen. And we are going to lose some jump balls.
  • So 20 points seems right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News