ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan v Penn State

ss1855

Letterman
Sep 26, 2005
You're going to destroy us. This is the worst tackling team i've ever seen by PSU, and the best the UM offense (to me) has looked in years. You might rack up 300 yards rushing and 50+ points. I just hope Harbaugh takes it easy on us. I think the story might be different next year in State College, but not looking forward to this Saturday.

I expect UM to be a lot more focused Sat & play well. I'm not going claim we'll destroy anyone yet. PSU will be the most talented team we've played to date top to bottom.

You're going to destroy us. This is the worst tackling team i've ever seen by PSU, and the best the UM offense (to me) has looked in years. You might rack up 300 yards rushing and 50+ points. I just hope Harbaugh takes it easy on us. I think the story might be different next year in State College, but not looking forward to this Saturday.
We don't do the rushing thing very well. Still recovering from the Clappy regime there.

Reactions: kybuckeye2
We don't do the rushing thing very well. Still recovering from the Clappy regime there.
That is about right. I don't think we could run inside the tackles against a junior college team. Think about this...a team that can't run the ball with Harbaugh and Drevno as coaches.

Wow. Who would have thought. Also, I am starting to think that UM is so poor running inside the tackles that Harbaugh and Fisch have given up and just have decided to run wide with everyone.

Not just sweeps but using their wr's as wide tackles and using their tackles as pulling guards. :)

RM

That is about right. I don't think we could run inside the tackles against a junior college team. Think about this...a team that can't run the ball with Harbaugh and Drevno as coaches.

Wow. Who would have thought. Also, I am starting to think that UM is so poor running inside the tackles that Harbaugh and Fisch have given up and just have decided to run wide with everyone.

Not just sweeps but using their wr's as wide tackles and using their tackles as pulling guards. :)

RM
You have to try both inside and outside runs otherwise your running game is dead. UM adjusted last week when they were getting no avenues opened on the inside. It is dismaying to see just how poorly the senior guards are playing on this team. I think Braden's days are numbered as a starter and, if there was another option, perhaps the same would be for Kalis.

I don't think this game is going to be a blowout like some predict. PSU has always played us tough. The no-huddle offense is going to open up some big plays since our defense has been susceptible to those and I think it will also open up some big running lanes from Barkeley. This could be closer then most folks think because PSU will score with their no-huddle.
The 3 concerns I have about our team so far:
  • We can't run the ball because our O-line is average at best
  • Our defense gives up some big plays and a no-huddle offense will give us some fits
  • We have yet to show the ability to hit on some slant routes. With all 3 LBs injured for PSU I imagine the middle of the field behind the D-line will be wide open - if Speight can connect on a few of those, we will be able to score pretty well.
Still think we win but in a dogfight.

I don't think this game is going to be a blowout like some predict. PSU has always played us tough. The no-huddle offense is going to open up some big plays since our defense has been susceptible to those and I think it will also open up some big running lanes from Barkeley. This could be closer then most folks think because PSU will score with their no-huddle.
The 3 concerns I have about our team so far:
  • We can't run the ball because our O-line is average at best
  • Our defense gives up some big plays and a no-huddle offense will give us some fits
  • We have yet to show the ability to hit on some slant routes. With all 3 LBs injured for PSU I imagine the middle of the field behind the D-line will be wide open - if Speight can connect on a few of those, we will be able to score pretty well.
Still think we win but in a dogfight.

The problem is you never know what kind of game you're gonna see... UM plays A game on offense and defense? Ok sure.. we win by 17 in my opinion.

We give up a few big plays like we did vs Colorado or turn the ball over on offense? Things could get tight....

Running game is a problem when the best play is a hand off to a wide receiver. I think every team has caught on if they see mcdoom in the game he's going to get the ball.

Because of a portion of your fan base, I've moved on from having a high respect for PSU to hoping we destroy you and it sets a trend for psu w future opponents.

Because of a portion of your fan base, I've moved on from having a high respect for PSU to hoping we destroy you and it sets a trend for psu w future opponents.

Sorry to hear that, I can understand and relate!

Honestly, Colorado is a better team with better athletes than psu right now. The qb, loufa or whatever it is, is a baller! M started out asleep last week but I highly doubt that will happen this weekend! Just a hunch, but I predict at least 30 pt victory. Psu is really struggling and M boys "should" be pumped!

GO BLUE

From what I saw last year, Harbaugh has Franklin's number with regards to coaching ability. I don't see PSU's conventional offense, strongly dependent on a strong, classic running game keeping up in this one. My only question is whether our OL can create enough for us to have a two-pronged attack. I think UM comes out eager to erase their defensive struggles the last couple weeks and makes a statement here.

I see a 3 score win for Michigan, especially since our best corner and d-lineman return this week. Plus all your injuries. Next year and years going forward will be the same, unless you you guys get another coach. Franklin is your Hoke. Good recruiter, but can't develop talent and in game coaching is below average. I'd say it's a good coach to stock up on high rated prospects for your next coach.

What's the Over/Under of Harbaugh picking Boogers?
I think Michigan wins, but I expect 30 points out of Penn State's offense. I have only ever missed attending one PSU-Michigan game since PSU joined Big 10. Some blow outs, but there's been a lot of close ones even with big spreads. If Michigan wins the turnovers, Penn State has no chance. Penn State's freshman punter is really good. Might help PSU some. But linebackers are all injured. No PSU defense.

Everyone ripping Franklin. But you gotta remember that majority of PSU team is made up of freshman and sophs because of the sanctions. Gotta wait to see if he is any good until his recruits are upper classmen. You have no idea yet because he has no experience for the more talented players.

I think Michigan wins, but I expect 30 points out of Penn State's offense. I have only ever missed attending one PSU-Michigan game since PSU joined Big 10. Some blow outs, but there's been a lot of close ones even with big spreads. If Michigan wins the turnovers, Penn State has no chance. Penn State's freshman punter is really good. Might help PSU some. But linebackers are all injured. No PSU defense.
What's the over/under on Penn St fans missing the game because they're looking the other way?

Franklin is such a terrible coach. It has been made evident by his absolutely pitiful in-game coaching decisions. It has nothing to do with the talent level. You can tell which coaches know what they are doing and which ones are clueless. Franklin is as clueless as Hoke was, but a similar used car salesman as Hoke was.

What's the over/under of the BWI saying we paid the refs?

Coaching acumen and toughness of teams has always made a huge difference in this series. PSU also took advantage of their week off before this game early in the series to put in some wrinkles like fake FGs. Once that was done and they had to face a typical B10 schedule and had aging and let it be said distracted assistants, UM took the upper hand. UM also had overall the advantage at the key QB position (Brady, Navarre and Henne vs largely mediocre PSU QBs). Once UM hired mediocre coaches the series swung back to PSU. I won't be surprised if UM dominates while Harbaugh faces off against a lesser PSU coach.

Reactions: tarun262
Current line is down to 16+1/2. Over/under 56+1/2. Injuries to Penn State defense make this a real long shot. All 3 starting linebackers. Penn State's offense is night and day improved from the last couple years. Another year or two the team should be pretty solid after the much more talented freshman and sophs have matured a little. Extremely young team due to sanctions. But recruiting is better under Franklin than it has been for over a decade.

Penn State without starting defensive back Haley. All 3 starting linebackers. And starting receiver Blacknall.

Honestly, Colorado is a better team with better athletes than psu right now. The qb, loufa or whatever it is, is a baller! M started out asleep last week but I highly doubt that will happen this weekend! Just a hunch, but I predict at least 30 pt victory. Psu is really struggling and M boys "should" be pumped!

GO BLUE
I'll man up and eat some crow! They didn't win by 30 today!!!
GO BLUE!!!

Everyone ripping Franklin. But you gotta remember that majority of PSU team is made up of freshman and sophs because of the sanctions. Gotta wait to see if he is any good until his recruits are upper classmen. You have no idea yet because he has no experience for the more talented players.
How many decades is PSU going to use the "sanctions" excuse ??

He was scratching his nose and biting his nail, and you know it.
No one can pick a booger that quick, you'd need more time to get in there and pull one out.

Eh, people can easily tell a coach that doesn't have his team prepared, makes poor in game coaching decisions, and continues to make the same mistakes. Believe me, we just had several years of that before we hired Harbaugh. Franklin is at best the 4th best coach in the division. And the gap between him and the top 3 is extremely wide.

Reactions: kybuckeye2
Haha I was one point and 26 yards off. Nice win, at least Pitt and ND lost. The Steelers losing to philly, and me needing Julio Jones to get 4.5 points, and only getting 2, capped off the worst football weekend I can remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT