ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Man Todd’s Covid Battle…

BoSchembechler69

All-League
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2014
Grand Blanc, MI
Hello Forters! I have seen many of you post seeking advice, support, prayers and requesting financial support for a good cause. I have always been amazed with the generosity of this community. Then I wondered if I would ever feel like I would come hat in hand to you all, so here I am.

I have a friend named Todd. He is 52 and is mentally handicapped. His wife, also has a learning disability. Because of his limitations, Todd is taken care of by his Mother/Father In-laws (retired) who are well into their late 80s. Todd works; his wife is incapable.

Despite Todd’s limitations, he is a capable Service Porter at my dealership. He is never late. Never misses a day. Will do anything you ask… and had not called in sick for 7 years. However, he caught Covid and has been out of work for two weeks now and won’t be back for about a month. He has some complications and now has pneumonia and is undergoing physical therapy and isolation.

I found a soft spot in my heart for Todd when I met him because of he gave me a big, “Go Blue!” one day while I was wearing a Michigan hat. From that day on, we began a Michigan bond. He comes over for football games and basketball games… and I regularly buy him a ticket to accompany my wife and I to football games in the fall. I love Todd like a brother and Michigan football bonds our seemingly surreal relationship.

Now due to Todd’s limitations, he lives check to check. I feel it is my duty to try and get Todd any financial assistance possible so he can make ends meet over the next month or two.

Please, no obligations to give… but I felt a need to spread the word and at least pass Todd’s story on.

With or without your donation, Todd will be fine. And if you want to meet him, I will bring him to a game or two in October and November when he gets better.

Go BLUE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News