ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Hoops: Haven't I seen this before?

buttaball

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Columbia, MD
Defense.

This team just seems to be built for it:

Nkamoua is super athletic, and as big as Reed is, he has awfully impressive quickness. Tray brings long arms, Williams is solid, and Tscetter walls off much better. Add Dug's extreme quickness and quick hands to them. Nimari is pretty darn good as well. I saw him switch onto three different offensive players in one possession. Really aware.

That team came out of nowhere- unranked in the preseason as well.

20-21 was the last team that played great D which led to a lot of runouts and a faster-paced offense.

X-Perience.

While there's no Franz on this season's squad, there are multiple upperclassmen, seniors and 5th year guys just lime the grad and senior heavy team in 2021

And while soph Dug is this team's obvious leader, Nkmoua, Nimari , and Tray Jackson bring a ton of experience as transfers, as do players like The Big Cheese and T-Will in their third and fourth seasons.

Deep shooting from everywhere but the C:

Well, interestingly enough, Hunter did not hit a 3 in 2021, and it doesn't look like Reed has that range at this time. But for the first time in the last 2 seasons, we have more than 2 -3 players with legit 3-point range, and can realistically put out a 6'10", 6'9", 6'6", 6'4", and 5"11 lineup with all 3-point shooters.

The 20-21 team couldn't pull that off unless they were playing Johns at the C (and that was rare). The newbies have all shown the ability to shoot from deep, and it's good that Tschetter found his stroke, and T-Will rediscovered his. Similar to 2021, this team has one real PG with a combo G and SG backing him up. Back then it was Eli as the starting SG and the backup PG (though he wasn't a PG). I'd love to see Llewelllyn contribute some minutes.

it's amazing that he could actually make the backcourt dept acceptable. Dug's going to need a backup for simply rest purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News