ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk BTT - how many wins needed? (Poll included)

How many BTT wins does Michigan need to make the NCAA tourny?

• 1 (Rutgers)

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 2 (Rutgers & Purdue)

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • 3 (Rutgers, Purdue & 1 more)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • 4 (win the BTT)

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgardner02

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2014
I’m curious to see what everyone thinks Michigan needs to do in the BTT in order to make the NCAA tournament. Obviously they get in if they win the BTT, but I think it’s clear they don’t need to win it. So that begs the question - how many wins do they need?

I love how the bracket shaped up. Rutgers is a great matchup - theyve been playing pretty poor basketball, and offensively they’ve been really bad. If they win 2, they are a lock IMO. I like their chances if they win 1, as I think they would essentially jump Rutgers, who most believe to be in.

Additionally, I think we are ahead of Wisconsin if we beat Rutgers. Wisconsin just lost to OSU after going 9-11 in conference. Their NET and kenpom was in the 70s last I saw.

There’s obviously a lot of factors in play when evaluating teams. H2h games, computer rankings, quad 1 wins, bad losses, SOS, etc.

Lastly, other results will play a role. Was bummed to see psu pull out the last second win along with Wisconsin pulling out a win at Minnesota. Both games could’ve easily gone the other way, and I believe would’ve out both teams behind Michigan. Love this time of year, and all the chaos. Hope that we beat Rutgers, and take a run at Purdue. This team is playing better than many are giving them credit for.

Reactions: Macdaddy7657
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News