ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Last post on this: On the notion that Matt Weiss is “the leak”

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
I’ve seen this hypothesized and I wanted to address it. This is an OPINION and some aspects of my argument may be based on what I know (that’s already been discussed here) and general opinion.

For the 8,000th time, the Weiss investigation has ZERO to do with Michigan’s current investigation. Zero. Zilch. The FBI didn’t stumble upon on sign-stealing stuff and said, hey, “The NCAA could use this!”

The fact is, we don’t know the source. We have a good idea but that’s still hypothesizing without fact.

If Weiss was the leak, that would mean the coordinators were aware which opens up a huge can of worms for the football program, that would mean trouble.

That directly conflicts with the NCAAs meeting on Thursday. You think the NCAA would’ve brought that up? Would be weird if the admin were told about Weiss that there’s still confidence and no panic.

Truth is, we don’t know what Weiss is being investigated for but we DO know it’s not related to what’s going on right now.

Just seems hard to believe that he’s responsible for all of this considering all the information that’s out there for public consumption about the current investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News