ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of Weird Not having a Notre Dame-Michigan Game to Kick Off the Season

dallasdomer

Letterman
Sep 18, 2005
Too bad Brandon screwed it up. We should at least be playing in Indianapolis every year. Oh well, sure was fun last year.

Too bad Brandon screwed it up. We should at least be playing in Indianapolis every year. Oh well, sure was fun last year.

Weird maybe, but a little refreshing as well. Now if your school admin had the cajones to join the Big Ten rather than the weak ass ACC none of it would really matter now would it?

Funny, because your program would have been the cream of the crop of the West division. Almost guaranteed to be in Indianapolis every year.

9-6-14-Scoreboard370.jpg

Weird maybe, but a little refreshing as well. Now if your school admin had the cajones to join the Big Ten rather than the weak ass ACC none of it would really matter now would it?

Funny, because your program would have been the cream of the crop of the West division. Almost guaranteed to be in Indianapolis every year.

But then we'd have to torture our fans with a Big 10 schedule. Just thinking of year after year of boring games vs Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois gives me a headache. Don't know how you all put up with that.

But then we'd have to torture our fans with a Big 10 schedule. Just thinking of year after year of boring games vs Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois gives me a headache. Don't know how you all put up with that.

Yeah, because playing the service academies every year is that much more exciting. But I guess when they're either kicking your ass or giving you a run for your money it's not so boring, huh?

Just view this image twice - it should suffice to keep all ND fans quiet for a while!

Michigan-38-Notre-Dame-0.png

But then we'd have to torture our fans with a Big 10 schedule. Just thinking of year after year of boring games vs Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois gives me a headache. Don't know how you all put up with that.[
The fighting amish, can't handle the big 10, that why you quit playing them. How many amish fans fit in a horse and buggy with beer.

Everyone remembers 38-0 x 2 and 47-21. Except, ND fans. ND will always be remembered for their fans being disappointed year after year and being the most overrated team in the country.

Everyone remembers 38-0 x 2 and 47-21. Except, ND fans. ND will always be remembered for their fans being disappointed year after year and being the most overrated team in the country.

Sorry, it will be how, prior to the last game in the series, Michigan talked all kinds of smack about ND being chicken to play them and then getting embarrassed in a 31-0 blowout.

Sorry, it will be how, prior to the last game in the series, Michigan talked all kinds of smack about ND being chicken to play them and then getting embarrassed in a 31-0 blowout.

The most recent game would have been this season, but Sawdust backed out because he knew ND would be facing Harbaugh and didn't
want another 38-0 ass-kicking to end the series.

Why would ND want to be in that Tundra Division of the Big Ten?

Poor Norte dame. Knowing that kelly is your coach sure has to be a frightening reality. Although the mediocrity that defines the nd program is what he specializes in, so it seems that he is the perfect coach for Our Lady's school

Poor Norte dame. Knowing that kelly is your coach sure has to be a frightening reality. Although the mediocrity that defines the nd program is what he specializes in, so it seems that he is the perfect coach for Our Lady's school

You can't even spell the name of the school correctly. Sit down. Keep counting games that were in the 1800's and early 1900's - until your crowdedly athletic director and coach pulled the series and denied NoTRE Dame from the Big 10. The modern day record vs. NoTRE Dame is tied at 15. NoTRE Dame also has the longest winning streak against Michigan in modern day football as well -- not to forget NoTRE Dame leads Michigan in every other significant category in college football history. So if you want to talk history, they have you beat in that regard, too. Last year NoTRE Dame got the last laugh - as your Wolverines got trounced in South Bend.

IF the fighting amish are so good,why did you quit playing mich are you afraid something is going to happen. get in your horse and buggy and go home.

You can't even spell the name of the school correctly. Sit down. Keep counting games that were in the 1800's and early 1900's - until your crowdedly athletic director and coach pulled the series and denied NoTRE Dame from the Big 10. The modern day record vs. NoTRE Dame is tied at 15. NoTRE Dame also has the longest winning streak against Michigan in modern day football as well -- not to forget NoTRE Dame leads Michigan in every other significant category in college football history. So if you want to talk history, they have you beat in that regard, too. Last year NoTRE Dame got the last laugh - as your Wolverines got trounced in South Bend.
After carefully reading your post:
- I don't give a crispy crap about what happened over 100 years ago. Yost is still awesome and Rockne is still a drunk.
- Notre Dame fans like to trot out old timey garbage when it suits their needs, but yet somehow you're concentrating on "modern day" here.
- You're still right in our back pocket - right where you belong despite your last win. Congrats on that btw - about freaking time.
- Bo was right.
- You're still chicken. The KFC logo should be on your unis.

I'm glad we didn't play them for two reasons. First is Bo's attitude..."to hell with Notre Dame". But after watching them dismantle Texas last night, I think they'd have killed us again, maybe as badly as our last game with them. They've got the talent this year to go 12-0, no question.

Just view this image twice - it should suffice to keep all ND fans quiet for a while!

Michigan-38-Notre-Dame-0.png
Ahhh. Good to see ND and Mich fans going at each other even though the series has been suspended. That is a sure sign a new season is underway!

I saw some improvements under Harbaugh in the Utah game. But I am also not surprised Mich is not yet at a level where it can beat an upper division Pac 12 team.

Maybe Harbaugh will prove me wrong and somehow squeeze 9 wins out of this team in the reg season (I see 7 - 8 wins as the ceiling), but I think Mich fans who believed he would make the team an immediate threat to make the conference championship game were off their meds.

I saw some improvements under Harbaugh in the Utah game. But I am also not surprised Mich is not yet at a level where it can beat an upper division Pac 12 team.

Maybe Harbaugh will prove me wrong and somehow squeeze 9 wins out of this team in the reg season (I see 7 - 8 wins as the ceiling), but I think Mich fans who believed he would make the team an immediate threat to make the conference championship game were off their meds.

And how did the Irish finish last season. Didn't they lose to Northwestern

And how did ND finish last season after going 6-0? They couldn't even beat a lower level BIG team (Northwestern). Is that why Sawdust dropped UM & MSU
off their schedule so they could pick up a couple of teams going no where (Texas and Virgina)? Utah would hammer both of them.

And how did the Irish finish last season. Didn't they lose to Northwestern

And how did ND finish last season after going 6-0? They couldn't even beat a lower level BIG team (Northwestern). Is that why Sawdust dropped UM & MSU
off their schedule so they could pick up a couple of teams going no where (Texas and Virgina)? Utah would hammer both of them.

Are you expecting ND to finish the 2015 season the same way it finished its injury-riddled 2014 season? There is a lotta football left to play, so anything's possible. But if you asked me at this point what is more likely for ND in 2015 - a 10+ win reg season or another 7 win reg season - I'd say the former.

And everything you say about ND's 2014 season is correct, yet it still finished with two more reg season wins than Mich. And that brings me to my point: Mich fans should expect to see improvement this year, but they're just dreamin' if they believe Harbaugh can bring them back to form in one season. Not happenin'.

Last edited:
Are you expecting ND to finish the 2015 season that same way it finished its injury-riddled 2014 season? There is a lotta football left to play, so anything's possible. But if you asked me at this point what is more likely for ND in 2015 - a 10+ win reg season or another 8 win reg season - I'd say the former.

And everything you say about ND's 2014 season is correct, yet it still finished with two more reg season wins than Mich. And that brings me to my point: Mich fans should expect to see improvement this year, but they're just dreamin' if they believe Harbaugh can bring them back to form in one season. Not happenin'.

UM fans are just glad they have Harbaugh coaching this team and not Brian Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT