ADVERTISEMENT

Just Out Of Curiosity?

Blue Kahuna

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Central Florida
Matt Weiss has been terminated, although no reason has ever been divulged. The Athletic Director says he will no longer discuss the subject.

Has the UMPD ever requested the involvement of the Washtenaw County Prosecutor, or the prosecutors of violations of state or federal laws? What law did Weiss break? Is the UMPD investigation still ongoing? Was Weiss just guilty of the violation of U-M regulations? Which regulation?

What was Weiss’s “crime” that lead to his termination from a job which paid him $1.25 million last year? He was terminated, but for what reason? Sooner or later an FOIA request will be made and the public will finally know what Weiss did that was the basis of his termination. And my guess is there will be a contract between U-M and Weiss wherein he has forfeited any right to sue Michigan for wrongful termination.

I’m no fan of Weiss, but I do support transparency when it comes to a widely publicized report of a possible crime, the results of the UMPD investigation, why Weiss was suspended, and finally if there was no violation of criminal statutes, why was he terminated?

If I’ve missed some news other than Weiss’s suspension and termination, I’ll stand to be corrected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News