ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Top Targets Unofficially Visiting; Summer Camps

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** I'm told that three-star Lawndale (Calif.) Leuzinger defensive end Kevonte Henry is set to come in for an unofficial visit on the first week of June. The Wolverines recently offered Henry and absolutely love what he brings to the table. He is a top target on the edge rusher board. I'm also told Henry comes from a rough situation and has a bit of work to do in the classroom but nothing that can't be overcome. New Director of Player Personnel Courtney Morgan is someone that Henry and those around him really trust. He needs a situation where he can get personal attention to fully flourish, and the trust with Morgan will go a long way. Expect Henry to make a big jump in the rankings. One P5 coach told me he will be a high four-star.

*** Rivals100 2023 Findlay (Ohio) High product Luke Montgomery is coming in for an unofficial visit on June 11. Montgomery is listed as a defensive end on Rivals, but Michigan is actually recruiting him as an offensive lineman. New U-M offensive line coach Sherrone Moore has made Montgomery a top priority for next cycle and has the Wolverines in his top group early on. Montgomery is considered an Ohio State lean, but I keep in regular contact with his father, who is adamant that they are going to carefully examine all their options. The family really likes what U-M can offer on the academic side.

*** I don't believe Michigan has formally announced its summer camp dates, but we are told that they are tentatively scheduled for June 6 and June 13. I'm not sure exactly what the turnout will be since there seem to be some restrictions in place. The camps are closed to the media and to the general public. As of right now, I haven't heard of any top guys set to camp with the Wolverines, but we should have more on that in the next week. Michigan is only set to take part in one satellite camp — in Washington on June 27 — at this time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News