ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Deuce Spurlock, Damani Dent, Justyn Martin, Walter Nolen

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan is set to host three-star Hunstville (Ala.) Madison Prep linebacker Deuce Spurlock for an official visit on Saturday. As I reported last weekend, Michigan decided to reprioritize Spurlock and is now making a concerted effort to land him. I put in a FutureCast pick on Sunday and feel good about Michigan's chances to close with him during or shortly after his trip to Ann Arbor. In a related note, I heard former top linebacker target Jeremy Patton is looking to decommit from Baylor, but I don't think Michigan wants to go down that road.

*** Ex-Cal quarterback commit Justyn Martin is still a maybe to make it to Michigan this weekend. At this point I am expecting him on campus, but Martin does not have a plane ticket in hand. The four-star signal-caller made an unofficial visit to Michigan this summer and is highly interested in the Wolverines. Michigan Director of Player Personnel Courtney Morgan is very tied in here and is helping the Wolverines a ton, but U-M will have to overcome UCLA. Current U-M quarterback commit Jayden Denegal is still slated to come in for his OV this weekend.

*** Jacksonville (Fla.) Terry Parker safety Damani Dent has been bumped up from a two-star to a mid-three-star prospect. Dent will no longer be committing on Oct. 10. What does that mean for Michigan? Well, the Wolverines have the lead right now, but I haven't put in a pick as Dent is still attracting more interest from schools down south. Georgia has not offered but did host him for a visit and is keeping him warm. Florida is looking to bring him in for a visit very soon. Kind of random, but ex-Michigan assistant Mo Linguist is pushing hard for Dent to make an OV to Buffalo.

*** It looks like we're in it for the long haul with five-star Powell (Tenn.) High defensive tackle Walter Nolen. A decision is not expected any time soon as Nolen plans to make more visits. He is set to take an OV to Texas A&M on Oct. 9 and will also make an OV to Alabama on Nov. 6. There was a time where Alabama lost interest a bit but is now squarely in this race. Texas A&M 'magically' has emerged as a very strong contender. Nolen visited Michigan again earlier this month but still don't have a lot of optimism here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News