ADVERTISEMENT

It has been fun...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
This is something that I have thought of following each hockey season for the last several years and this year I have taken the plunge. I have cancelled my rivals subscription so my ability to post here will end in just under two weeks.

I've always maintained this subscription for the hockey talk at the Yost Post and not really for anything else. Way back in the day, the football coverage might have provided some cool bits of insider information, that you wouldn't or couldn't find elsewhere, but that has changed. Frankly I haven't paid attention to the 'The Fort' in years, its always been about the Yost Post.

Over the last few years the people who frequent the Yost Post have slowly dwindled and the once robust conversations have fallen to the few and far between. I have truly enjoyed all of the hockey talk over the years and I learned a great deal. Where and when I grew up hockey was a sport nobody talked about, let alone played, or even watched. It's a sport I found during university days and I loved every minute of it. Being a sport I didn't grow up with I didn't have that ingrained understanding of strategy (and frankly probably still don't), but it's been great fun trying to figure out what is really happening on the ice and what teams are trying to do (still so much to learn)!

There have been great conversations over the years and those will be missed. I have met some of the people here in person and I hope we can continue to chat from time to time, either at the games or maybe over a beer or two following games. I will continue to follow Michigan Hockey and maintain my website and twitter (mostly active during hockey). I will probably lurk here to see what's being said, but of course my ability to contribute what little I might have otherwise, will be gone.

I wish everyone at the Yost Post, past, present, and future the very best. It's been fun.

Go Blue!

Subscribe? As in pay?

FWIW, I've never had a paid subscription, and still post. You can stay, and just not be a paid supporter, and see all of the ads.

Well if that's the case I will still post, just didn't think you could without a subscription.

There have been some forums that I could not post in, not being a subscriber. But the Yost Post has never been one of those. You may have to make up a new ID, and for sure the "gold member" banner you have will be gone.

And I'm not sure if you see the ads, being a paid member- but I do.

This is the only board left that I know of that is JUST Michigan Hockey, and it would be a shame if everyone left. Some good conversations happen here. USCHO is a great group, no doubt, but there are too many people who want to taunt the program from the outside sometimes.

Yep, Alfadriver is right - no need to be a paid subscriber to post on this particular board (can't post on the premium board, of course, unless you are a paid subscriber). I have been a subscriber and bot a subscriber over the last 10-plus years but could always post on this board.

So Puck, you need to end this thread with -- "Never mind" :)

Yep, Alfadriver is right - no need to be a paid subscriber to post on this particular board (can't post on the premium board, of course, unless you are a paid subscriber). I have been a subscriber and bot a subscriber over the last 10-plus years but could always post on this board.

So Puck, you need to end this thread with -- "Never mind" :)

OK then Never Mind :)

I was always under the impression that you had to be a subscriber to post here, but apparently I was mistaken (not the first time, won't be the last time). So again, Never Mind :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT