ADVERTISEMENT

It appears that K Warren the conference commish

maizenblue_follower

Heisman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2001
USA
www.facebook.com
may have opened the door for the B1G to become the premier league to go head to head with the SEC bar none.

The B1G being a national league will have a NFL esq feel and pull athletes from everywhere. Apparently Oregon & TCU have come into the frey. It now appears that 24 schools may be the goal bringing additional media packages which may include streaming and possibly ESPN.

Possibly the Oregon news brings Stanford, Oregon & Washington out west. Adding TCU in Texas brings the Dallas-Ft Worth market.. Imagine how Warren may very well be working to bring in Miami, FSU & GT or UNC or UVA. UVA makes sense, but the Virginia governor last was involved forcing the ACC to take Va Tech.

We may be witnessing an expansion to 24 schools making the B1G a league with a solid footprint on the national stage for recruiting and competition with 4 pods of 6 schools each. This format will allow the B1G to function like 4 - 6 team leagues, consolidating travel and competition regionally and go national for conference championships. This is surely outside of the box thinking which is brilliant in my opinion.

Granted, football & basketball may take the biggest travel hits under the format I touched upon previously. However, FB & to some extent Bball pays the bills. This may be a very ingenious move to put the B1G into a position to lure athletes which exclusively would only consider the SEC previously. With the key ingredient, allowing the athletes to partake in the media rights meal so to speak.

This article from "The Athletic" caused me to consider how K Warren's vision may be just what the CFB gods wanted for the B1G.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News