ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Gattis more than Cade, and Rutgers will give OSU a good game next Saturday

marinwolve

All-League
Aug 25, 2001
For the folks freaking out about Cade, put your gun down. The kid had a very good first half and clearly could have been sharper in the second half but (1) as others have pointed out, it may be more than circumstantial that his throws were a bit off in the second half because of the hit, and (2) with the same play calls made with JJ in the second half, it is not at all clear that the result would have been materially different. Can you raise the question, sure? But can you answer it definitively as many appear to have done, no, because there really isn’t any compelling or overwhelming evidence. What we do know is that Cade continues to be a winner and he doesn’t make mistakes. Does Brian Griese come to mind? He sure seems to fit that mold to me and is certainly worthy of sticking with him at this stage. The point being, you are jumping on the panic wagon way too early.

As for Rutgers, yes, I expect them to give the Bucks a good game next week. They are well coached, play tough, don’t give up, and use the limited talent they have very efficiently. Remove the Ross factor in the second half, and we likely have a comfortable W over a team that is going to give the upper echelon teams some trouble. They are not cellar dwellers any longer. And for the record, I’m glad we had to rely on the defense without Ross to win the game. I’d rather have it happen for the first time with a decent lead at home than against a better one on the road. We will grow from it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News