ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Intel: Thoughts on a Friday meeting between Petitti and Ono

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Wanted to be open and transparent with you all about what I know this evening and what I THINK about tomorrow's meeting between Santa Ono and Tony Petitti. You all know that I like to spell out how I know my information and when I receive it.

Three of my VERY best sources this evening are feeling incredibly pessimistic this evening that Jim Harbaugh is going to end up with some sort of suspension from the Big Ten. You know I don't like to rock the boat and don't like to cause panic, which is why I take what my sources are feeling seriously as they're the most locked-in people I know.

If nothing ends up happening, I will own the panic I caused. But the pessimism is rare and I have to mention it.

As for what we do know, Petitti's maximum punishment he's allowed to dole out on his own is a two-game suspension with a $10k fine. Anything over that will need to be voted on by a committee of Big Ten representatives, I haven't gotten the sense that it's going to go that route.

What my opinion is, and is similar to those who I speak to, is that Santa Ono is going to push back no matter what happens during this meeting.

As for the two games, I'm not sure if Purdue is realistic. A two-game suspension would mean Harbaugh misses Penn State and Maryland. Obviously, the best-case scenario is not getting suspended at all but a push for a one-game suspension could make sense here.

This is what is being discussed among those I speak to and this is also based on my opinion as well.

We'll see what tomorrow brings but I would be pleasantly surprised if Harbaugh walked away unscathed from the meeting on Friday, Ono deserves a permanent residence in Ann Arbor if that were the case.

I know I discussed the Big Ten's decision to act would be unbelievable and I ruled it out at first.

Well, here we are.

Truly unprecedented times in a story that is unprecedented no matter which side of the fence you fall on here.

We will keep digging and see what we can find out tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News