ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Intel: On the Big Ten, suspension talks and more

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Spoke to a handful of people tonight to get a sense of where everything is from the Big Ten, the 48-hour stuff and any potential suspensions being handed down by Tony Petitti.

What I want to stress RIGHT NOW is that there is no clear path of what Petitti plans to do, even before the news that came out about the three schools on Tuesday.

After talking to some people, it's been hypothesized that Petitti came into the day thinking one thing and now his opinion could change with the new stuff that came out. Per John U Bacon, the person who gave Petitti the latest info about the sharing of Michigan's calls was a higher-up in the college football, that is true.

I can also confirm the message to Petitti was clear after handing him the evidence which went similarly to the following (not an exact quote): "Don't be stupid, you're in over your head here."

That being stupid is in reference to punishing Jim Harbaugh with a suspension.

This draws back to Petitti thinking one thing in the morning and changing his mind later in the day. Has the evidence been enough to take a step back? That's unknown at this time and that will ultimately be decided this week.

As for the suspension itself, it sounds like a decision could come down within the next 48 hours, meaning Wednesday or Thursday. While an 'indefinite' suspension has been discussed by Petitti, talks are still ongoing and no one seems to know which direction it's headed as of this writing.

Of course, any suspension will be immediately fought.

I may be going out on a limb here, but after speaking to people and gathering information, I DO NOT think Harbaugh will miss any time, including missing out on the Ohio State game. Again, this is OPINION but semi-informed.

Will continue to dig into this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News