ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Predictions

GoBlueRW

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just thinking about this game and wanted to note some thoughts I have about how I see this game playing out. Always fun to document this stuff and come back to see how truly wrong I was.

1. JJ gets unleashed. Not as a runner, but as a downfield passer. I think they take off the training wheels a bit and let him free. And while I think that will lend itself to some big numbers, I also see a pick happening. And honestly? That might be a good thing. We should not struggle to beat IU handily. So let JJ go out and sling it, make a mistake so he can learn from it. It's all apart of the developmental path.

I think the worst thing we can do is keep him in a game manager position for a game like this. At some point, we will need to lean on him to win a game. I'd rather him have experience shouldering the load in a game where we can overcome some mistakes, than see if he can do it when it's truly needed. Mistakes = growth, so let's see him let it fly and live with the mistakes he may make. It may serve us well down the road.

2. Stokes gets out of the doghouse and handles 4-6 carries, likely in the 2nd half. Reasoning? He can't be punished forever, and we need to keep Corum fresh, and Edwards healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if Dunlap got some late work as well.

I expect Corums workload to come down quite a bit this week. Maybe 15 carries as opposed to 30. Edwards will get around 10, and the others will fill in the blanks. We need to be able to rely on Corum down the stretch, an injury to him would be devastating. Get Edwards more acclimated and Stokes back in good standing.

3. It's Anthony's breakout party. 5+ catches, 100+ yards and a TD (or 2). He's been ascending and his blocking has improved. Wilson will sit and Anthony will step in as the deep threat.

Anthony will also use this game as a springboard to start eating into CoJos snaps. I don't see a scenario where CoJo is left behind for the season, but I could see him begin to lose snaps. This game is the starting point.

4. Jaylen Harrell gets 2 sacks. He's gotten a lot of push as a bull rusher, but hasn't closed the deal recently. It happens this week, and we start feeling better about our pass rush with Mazi, Okie, Morris, Harrell and Graham all capable pass rushers all across the line. If they continue to ascend as pass rushers, my goodness this will be a very difficult defense to compete against.

5. Sainristil bounces back and posts his best coverage grade of the season. He's pissed about last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News