ADVERTISEMENT

I was sitting here thinking about some stupid rules that...

Macdaddy7657

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2011
...have been changed. One is analyst not being able coach on the field during practice but grad assistants can? Majes no sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that was one of the infractions from our 1st go round with the ncaa? What's funny is its now legal for analyst to coach during the week.

Btw a LOT of programs got caught with analysts on the field during covid but self reported so nothing happened.

Now how does the ncaa try and enforce that level 2 infraction when they made it legal. It's like getting sent to jail for a Marijuana charge and now it's legal. Those people for the most part got released.

The opposite is true when the ncaa had to make the Harbaugh rule for satellite camps because Harbaugh was revolutionizing recruiting. Which was great for evening the playing field in recruiting and also got a LOT of under recruited kids some incredible exposure that could get them a free college education and change their entire futures. Maybe even their family's futures.

Now it's more than possible Michigan did nothing against the rules or it will result in a minor punishment but the ncaa will have to change a very antiquated rule.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that the ncaa was considering helmet communication for the bowl season. If that were to come to fruition this year or the next year or 2 how in the hell would the ncaa uphold any sort of punishment on Michigan IF IF IF Michigan were found to be in violation of this obscure antiquated rule?

isu fans point to tattoo gate but it went much deeper than that and it was also 15 years ago so you can't undo that.

All in all I will wait and see but Im pretty optimistic about future outcomes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News