ADVERTISEMENT

I Thought I’d Share…

Blue Kahuna

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Central Florida
… my response to a former ‘Domer colleague who sent me yet another ‘Domer-centric article describing how they would thrive with continued independence.

“Another article from a Notre Dame-centric publication, I’m sure.

Let’s get something straight. My feelings regarding the Big Ten considering Notre Dame for membership are just as strong as yours desiring continued independence in football.. I definitely DO NOT want Notre Dame as a member of the Big Ten Conference!

I can think of no particular benefit athletically, academically or financially to your membership. The conference can do much better by creating a membership of strong, mutually-supportive, intersectional universities that are more than a small, religious-based, liberal arts college in an Indiana cornfield.

Actually, I would prefer that the Big Ten simply cooperate with your desires for independence and take Notre Dame off our schedules in all sports altogether.

If the realignment of college sports develops as I believe it will, my desire will be satisfied. I will take great pleasure in watching your athletic programs wither financially and competitively.

Bo Schembechler said it best when the subject of your membership in the Big Ten came up on his watch..,.

“To Hell with Notre Dame!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News