ADVERTISEMENT

I fully support a persons freedom to not honor the National Anthem.

GoBlueJagaloon

Sophomore
Aug 7, 2014
Michigan
I also fully support the freedom to not give any more money to the NFL.
I'm tired of looking for reasons to watch the games anyway. The product leaves a lot to be desired and the games are rigged at least to some degree.
Now I have to sit here and watch some ungrateful, race-baiting thugs disrespect this great country? I'm done.

While I fully support a persons freedom of speech in any form and that includes not honoring the national anthem(even though I don't like it) it has nothing to do for my disdain of the NFL/NBA/MLB? Why? Because they are over paid, spoiled rotten entertainers and it has taken from the true competition and sport. Because they are entertainers and not athletes anymore, many of these idiots come to believe that they are ABOVE the law and everyone else. Pay them what a teacher gets at $50,000 per year and see how many of them develop a God complex. True over paid embarrassment to our culture and it is exported world wide! The NFL especially really sucks!!!!!!! Just like the Detroit Lions. How in the hell does anyone in that organization make a million dollars per year? Freaking joke. Take all of that money that they are paid and divide into the people that really matter like teachers, healthcare workers-especially EMS and law enforcement. If you pay higher in law enforcement then it won't attract idiots who come to hold a badge because the higher the pay requires more competition to be one and then there would be less idiots abusing the badge which has led to such a mess lately. Priorities in America I guess by paying spoiled entertainers the highest. Just like ancient Rome.

Last edited:
So many facets to this issue. I am a big free speech advocate so feel free to speak or do whatever you need to do for your cause. It doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong...if the media is willing to give you attention then by all means.

The bigger point that is sort of lost among all this hoopla is that every group (doesn't matter...police, certain community groups, etc.) tends to see things only from their perspective and not take any responsibility for the shortcomings on their end.

It's the American way...it's not me it's you. I'm okay..you're not okay.

RM

While I fully support a persons freedom of speech in any form and that includes not honoring the national anthem(even though I don't like it) it has nothing to do for my disdain of the NFL/NBA/MLB? Why? Because they are over paid, spoiled rotten entertainers and it has taken from the true competition and sport. Because they are entertainers and not athletes anymore, many of these idiots come to believe that they are ABOVE the law and everyone else. Pay them what a teacher gets at $50,000 per year and see how many of them develop a God complex. True over paid embarrassment to our culture and it is exported world wide! The NFL especially really sucks!!!!!!! Just like the Detroit Lions. How in the hell does anyone in that organization make a million dollars per year? Freaking joke. Take all of that money that they are paid and divide into the people that really matter like teachers, healthcare workers-especially EMS and law enforcement. If you pay higher in law enforcement then it won't attract idiots who come to hold a badge because the higher the pay requires more competition to be one and then there would be less idiots abusing the badge which has led to such a mess lately. Priorities in America I guess by paying spoiled entertainers the highest. Just like ancient Rome.

You do realize that pro sports leagues are private enterprises, right? The salaries of the Detroit Lions have no real correlation to the salaries of Detroit public school teachers or police officers or EMTs.

Athletes and other top entertainers are paid a lot of money due to simple economics: there is a limited supply of them and a strong demand. Fans want to see a winning team and to build that winning team, a franchise must outbid its rivals for the services of that small pool of talented players.

Incidentally, this is hardly an "American" phenomenon: with salary caps in place, star athletes here are actually paid less than what they'd command in a fully free market. If there were no salary cap, star quarterbacks like Tom Brady would be making much, much more than they currently do, considering how hard they are to find. Brady might be making $100M a season. Take a look at the stratospheric transfer fees for soccer players in Europe to see what players command in an unrestricted salary environment.

As for the national anthem, it's fair to question why exactly we continue this practice of playing it before all domestic sporting events when almost no other country in the world does this.

As for the national anthem, it's fair to question why exactly we continue this practice of playing it before all domestic sporting events when almost no other country in the world does this.

I was generally in agreement with you until this.

Why do we do it? Because 'Murica!

I could give a rats ass what Brazilians or Germans sing or don't sing at their games.

Listen the issue here is not free speech.

I would wager that most don't watch football to become informed on a pampered privileged jocks ignorant political views they watch football to escape them.

Kaepernick used his workplace as a platform for his political views.

I can't do that in my workplace and neither can you.

Kaepernick is free to show his disaffection with America in his home or at a BLM rally or a political town hall and nobody will say boo and he did not do so precisely because nobody would be watching and nobody would care and that is not what he wanted.

Its the fact that he used his unique position as a high viability entertainer in a place that should be free of politics that grates so many the wrong way.

Dock the grandstanding punk's pay for the week he doesn't stand and we will find out how principled he is pronto.

Go Blue!

Precisely correct about pampered ignorant jocks who are ridiculously overpaid and showing their ignorant political views. If all of those idiots truly want to make a difference then they should hand over their millions to the BLM Movement and local law enforcement in order to find solutions. I would also like to seem them stage a massive protest on Sunday to protest to thuggery that has led to killing of 3,000 lives in Chicago!!! Another great point that is made is who in the hell really cares what they do in Europe or South America when it comes to the their national anthem. Just because we choose to honor our flag and vets, does that make us ignorant or just a group of "deplorables"!!!!!

I was generally in agreement with you until this.

Why do we do it? Because 'Murica!

I could give a rats ass what Brazilians or Germans sing or don't sing at their games.

Listen the issue here is not free speech.

I

I'm not necessarily defending Kaepernick; I don't have a strong opinion on him one way or another. I think, at any rate, that he's made his point already and may as well let it go.

But the playing of the anthem before all sporting events is a relic from the WWII era and it's fair to ask if it needs to continue forever. One could argue that the anthem's meaning is cheapened by its constant association with sporting events.

I am a staunch free speech advocate. I may disagree with his platform (strongly) but wouldn't advocate the NFL changing their rules.

That being said...how would Americans feel if I laid down in front of a MLK statute during a ceremony on MLK day. I have a cause I feel very strong about. MLK fought for true freedom and non violent protest and civil disobedience but I would like to draw attention to my 'cause'.

Something tells me the media wouldn't quite treat this statement of mine the same way. By the way...my cause is probably a greater threat to this country than some prejudicial trigger happy police officers.

RM

I'm not necessarily defending Kaepernick; I don't have a strong opinion on him one way or another. I think, at any rate, that he's made his point already and may as well let it go.

But the playing of the anthem before all sporting events is a relic from the WWII era and it's fair to ask if it needs to continue forever. One could argue that the anthem's meaning is cheapened by its constant association with sporting events.
Yeah....I hear you. The way I would look at it is if there is some form of a public gathering then it supposedly unites the people involved that it is bigger than a sporting event or issue.

RM

Francis Scott Key was a slave owner who also supported sending blacks back to Africa.

Based on those facts alone, I can see why African Americans might not wany to take part in its singing.

Never stand in the way of free speech.

Reactions: desmondcharles
Francis Scott Key was a slave owner who also supported sending blacks back to Africa.

Based on those facts alone, I can see why African Americans might not wany to take part in its singing.

He was indeed a slave owner but the for the record, their were also free blacks who indeed owned slaves as well and that fact is of 100% historical record. Throughout our history, every race at one time or another has suffered BUT our strength as a people is the unique fact that we are who we are because we are a nation of different peoples who have bonded together to define us as "Americans." We take pride in things such as "freedom of speech." and some how over the past few years, we have lost sight in the fact that it is ok to disagree with another person and that you don't have to like what they say BUT it is their right to do so. I don't like what Kaepernick is doing because my Father was a vet who fought in Korea AND I appreciate what vets have sacrificed for me and my family to be able to live the way we do. BUT I also believe that it is right to protest the national anthem if he wants to because he is protesting police injustice against black Americans. because there has been. However, I also believe that he and other black Americans MUST protest the horrible violence that is currently taking place in the black community in Chicago and demand that those communities do something to STOP this and that will involve police involvement AND other cultures. NO ONE is talking about Chicago and the media is running away from it for fear of being called a "racist" which has become a term that is loosely being thrown around today. These million dollar athletes, actors, actresses, politicians, business leaders MUST step to the plate and show some leadership in these communities and help solve these problems instead of grandstanding for the news story only. Handing out money is not the answer either. Real dialogue to build trust and common sense legislation to follow AFTER the thugs are arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law is the real answer. Certainly if you graduated from a school like Michigan "The Harvard of the Midwest," you would understand these points. There is nothing in my response here that is racist at all. It is 100% pure fact, however, I would not be surprised at all if this somehow offends someone because they disagree with what I wrote about Chicago. IT IS TRUE FOLKS and those that live in these communities that do not live the criminal life DESERVE to live as free as me and you and not fear being killed for walking to the store. Shame on our media for not reporting on this daily and helping to force real change there. GO BLUE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: michigandiehard
Since when has military groupthink determined what the flag means to each and every citizen?

I don't understand why people continue to conflate black on black violence with police excess against innocent blacks. They are not related and it's an illogical argument by its very nature. As is any re-directing of the conversation in saying that blacks might have owned slaves, too.

The south was engaged in systemic subjugation of basic human rights. When the slave trade from Africa was cut off they set up breeding farms to replenish their stock. Often times family members were forced to breed with each other. Plantation owners "broke" the strongest males by ass-raping them in front of their whole cadre of slaves.

Echos of this persist in the US.

Francis Scott Keys was an out and out racist above and beyond simply owning slaves. Many other of our American "heroes" also crossed that line (Washington, Jefferson, etc, etc,) all the while writing tomes trumpeting human rights .

Are the descendants of the victims of these crimes expected to hold them in the same esteem you might?

I doubt you would if the tables were turned.

My father (Korea) and grandfather (WWII) were vets, too, but, again, that is not germane to the issue Kaepernick is putting forth. He means them no disrespect and my father applauds his effort.

Kaepernick's view of the flag is very different than yours -- respect it. BTW, he has donated millions to his causes.

Did you note that I made my argument without any caps?

I did note that you made your argument without any caps and I am quite impressed with that. I also noted along the way that your reading comprehension is lacking because another persons opinion, that you obviously disagree with irritates you to the point that you become a non listener because you disagreed with my opinion. Thank you for proving the point of my post. People like you love to spin history and the words of others trying for some reason to prove that you are a capable erudite. My question is beyond your words on this here blog, what have you been doing in the black communities to help solve the major issues? Spending money doesn't count either my friend! That is part of the equation. Volunteer your time in the Detroit Public Schools for example and become a mentor. Help build trust between law enforcement and these communities in some way. I've been doing it for over twenty years. Become a problem SOLVER (Note the caps) instead of a problem EXCUSE MAKER (note the caps) Discussing major factual issues in the black communities is not trying to equate or justify any injustices that have been done to them as a people (that is your word twisting by the way) because you do not respect another person's opinion, which by the way is also my right just like Kappy's back in San Fran so you need to respect that. Go back and read what I said about his right to expression and you may find that you agree with me on that point. If your anger allows you to do so. Good luck and Go Blue this Saturday against the Buffs! Free your mind! Listen to others! Communication is the key!! Be a problem solver!!!!

Last edited:
That was quite the rambling diatribe and didn't address even one of my points. It was, however, chock full of feints and misdirections as is always the case with your type. Your four line sentences were nearly incomprehensible. Please, please go back and review Comp 101 -- your writing ability is sorely lacking.

Again, you conflate issues within the black community with police violence against innocent people and that is entirely illogical.

You know nothing about what I do with my time and money but thanks for your suggestions.

My points stand: until you have to walk in someone else's shoes you have no right to render judgments on their symbolic actions.

BTW, the use of CAPS on the Internet signifies anger.

Last edited:
I did note that you made your argument without any caps and I am quite impressed with that. I also noted along the way that your reading comprehension is lacking because another persons opinion, that you obviously disagree with irritates you to the point that you become a non listener because you disagreed with my opinion. Thank you for proving the point of my post. People like you love to spin history and the words of others trying for some reason to prove that you are a capable erudite. My question is beyond your words on this here blog, what have you been doing in the black communities to help solve the major issues? Spending money doesn't count either my friend! That is part of the equation. Volunteer your time in the Detroit Public Schools for example and become a mentor. Help build trust between law enforcement and these communities in some way. I've been doing it for over twenty years. Become a problem SOLVER (Note the caps) instead of a problem EXCUSE MAKER (note the caps) Discussing major factual issues in the black communities is not trying to equate or justify any injustices that have been done to them as a people (that is your word twisting by the way) because you do not respect another person's opinion, which by the way is also my right just like Kappy's back in San Fran so you need to respect that. Go back and read what I said about his right to expression and you may find that you agree with me on that point. If your anger allows you to do so. Good luck and Go Blue this Saturday against the Buffs! Free your mind! Listen to others! Communication is the key!! Be a problem solver!!!!

Sir I have read your comments on this matter and I'm very disappointed in your point of view. I don't know why some white people have the hardest time understanding that America hasn't been great for all its citizens and most of your four fathers were rapists, homosexual , kidnapping , child molesting,child abusing, woman beating hypocritical , racist , white supremist , kidnappers, perverted , murdering , adultures , and slave owners!

The history of this country was completely different for your ancestors than it is for mines. You live in Charleston SC just being in the market where kidnapped Africans were brought to the market and sold pisses me off! Just thinking about how my ancestors were raped by their white captures before they even got to the US pisses me off. I'm sure when you go to the market you feel nothing . It's almost laughable that certain people in white America are more upset that black athletes are refusing the stand and pay tribute to a song that was written by a slave owner who only wrote the song because he was pissed his slaves joined the British army because they were promised their freedom. There's a 3rd verse that was omitted from the anthem when it was made into the national anthem in which scumbag Francis Key brags about the slaves that fought in the of Sept 13 1814 being killed . Well correction they kept that verse in the southern states and actually had Black people singing it. If you don't see anything wrong with this Sir you are a racist and a big part of them problem!

This Flag that you speak of ? Many Black soldiers went to Germany and fought for the freedom of people in another country that they didn't have themselves. They came home after fighting for this flag you speak and didn't even have the same liberties and rights as the people they just fought for ! They were considered second class citizens in their own country. My grandfather fought in the Korean war and came back to this country to be a N----

The thing that gets me is you guys are all in an uproar over him not standing up, but didn't say a word over all the unarmed black people getting killed ! I served in the military ! I stand and for the anthem and put my hand over my heart, but I no longer question Kapeanick sitting down...I question myself for standing up!

Reactions: CancunLive
I was appalled at the horrific tragedy in South Carolina. Glad they removed the confederate flag from government buildings.

This is a heartfelt response to your comments. You keep bringing up the history of America. I have Japanese American friends who I don't hear bring up internment issues. Women, homosexual people, native American Indians, etc. WE are going to be here all day. Do you want a new national anthem? Do you want a new flag? Do you want to erase every reference to slavery or segregation in America?

I get the point of trying to minimize the loss of life and the equal application of the law. I recognize their are some overly aggressive and prejudicial police officers. Let's just take that as fact. Well in order to combat this racism wouldn't the solution be to not engage in confrontation with a racist gun holding officer?

I find it hard to believe that even a racist police officer sees it in their interests to kill someone who is black. It is career suicide. WE have the Department of Justice and other entities to prosecute people. Here the lesson that is really lost on certain groups. If cop A is racist and kills a black person then the system will at least allow for an investigation or a court proceeding. If racist cop A is found not guilty...then how do we change this from happening. It has to be by avoiding confrontation with a racist police officer or to diversify the police force or getting rid of these officers.

This is what I find so disconcerting about America now. Both of us don't want to see people die. I recognize the biases of people but instead of trying to resolve this very complex issue you start rehashing the history of America like talking about slavery and segregation is going to resolve the loss of life by a trigger happy police officer. I must not get it as a white guy.

How about getting rid of officers with a history of complaints. Diversifying the police force. Community and police education on de-escalation.

It is like certain people want to live in 1950 and other people don't want to challenge the police. This is a complex issue that can be tackled with some reforms but everyone wants to politicize.

One last thing....you may not want to believe this but I am a pretty reasonable individual. I believe in affirmative action. I find the birther movement despicable. I fundamentally believe in fairness and recognize the history of America and own it but it's a two sided street and unless the other side of the street owns some things like the hostility that police officers face in certain communities then 'we' aren't going to get very far. Hate to break it to people but both sides of the aisle need to look themselves in the mirror.

RM

RM

So let's take this to the logical conclusion. That the national anthem represents many different things to different people and that there is no uniting symbol or song for all Americans. It's basically all about the individual.

Be careful what you wish for. You are advocating going down a road that will be detrimental to the nation as a whole. America is the great social experiment and if people don't assimilate then look out.

My buddy says to me that people like confrontation. See reality shows. It's in our nature not to live in peace and if people (all of them) want to start playing the historical victimization card then we are doomed. Hopefully I won't be around for the crash.

Why should we start with the assumption that unarmed black men are being gunned downed by racist white cops in disproportionate numbers to the rest of society.

I do not believe that this is true even if the race agitation business says it is.

Perhaps you could provide us with some statistical evidence that this is happening.

Go Blue!

I don't know why some white people have the hardest time understanding that America hasn't been great for all its citizens and most of your four fathers were rapists, homosexual , kidnapping , child molesting,child abusing, woman beating hypocritical , racist , white supremist , kidnappers, perverted , murdering , adultures , and slave owners!

They weren't you racist prick.

Go Blue!

Reactions: scfanblue
Hey Cancun. My writing is incomprehensible because you do not read. One word of disagreement for you in a sentence automatically triggers your ultra conservative opinions making you more conservative than the people you loathe. Desmond Charles. So living in Charleston makes me a racist and how do you know I am white? Your response was beyond ignorant and actually sounded like something a true racist would say. The greatest thing about being an American is our freedom which includes the freedom to start a new life elsewhere if life here is so bad for you. The social ills in the U.S. will never get better with people having attitudes such as you. Once again, be a problem SOLVER not an EXCUSE MAKER. Make a difference in the communities you live in. remember our greatest strength as a people is our cultural differences. Good luck bud.

So let's take this to the logical conclusion. That the national anthem represents many different things to different people and that there is no uniting symbol or song for all Americans. It's basically all about the individual.

Be careful what you wish for. You are advocating going down a road that will be detrimental to the nation as a whole. America is the great social experiment and if people don't assimilate then look out.

My buddy says to me that people like confrontation. See reality shows. It's in our nature not to live in peace and if people (all of them) want to start playing the historical victimization card then we are doomed. Hopefully I won't be around for the crash.
Nonsense. There is no future in sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring history.

I was appalled at the horrific tragedy in South Carolina. Glad they removed the confederate flag from government buildings.

This is a heartfelt response to your comments. You keep bringing up the history of America. I have Japanese American friends who I don't hear bring up internment issues. Women, homosexual people, native American Indians, etc. WE are going to be here all day. Do you want a new national anthem? Do you want a new flag? Do you want to erase every reference to slavery or segregation in America?

I get the point of trying to minimize the loss of life and the equal application of the law. I recognize their are some overly aggressive and prejudicial police officers. Let's just take that as fact. Well in order to combat this racism wouldn't the solution be to not engage in confrontation with a racist gun holding officer?

I find it hard to believe that even a racist police officer sees it in their interests to kill someone who is black. It is career suicide. WE have the Department of Justice and other entities to prosecute people. Here the lesson that is really lost on certain groups. If cop A is racist and kills a black person then the system will at least allow for an investigation or a court proceeding. If racist cop A is found not guilty...then how do we change this from happening. It has to be by avoiding confrontation with a racist police officer or to diversify the police force or getting rid of these officers.

This is what I find so disconcerting about America now. Both of us don't want to see people die. I recognize the biases of people but instead of trying to resolve this very complex issue you start rehashing the history of America like talking about slavery and segregation is going to resolve the loss of life by a trigger happy police officer. I must not get it as a white guy.

How about getting rid of officers with a history of complaints. Diversifying the police force. Community and police education on de-escalation.

It is like certain people want to live in 1950 and other people don't want to challenge the police. This is a complex issue that can be tackled with some reforms but everyone wants to politicize.

One last thing....you may not want to believe this but I am a pretty reasonable individual. I believe in affirmative action. I find the birther movement despicable. I fundamentally believe in fairness and recognize the history of America and own it but it's a two sided street and unless the other side of the street owns some things like the hostility that police officers face in certain communities then 'we' aren't going to get very far. Hate to break it to people but both sides of the aisle need to look themselves in the mirror.

RM

RM
Hey Cancun. My writing is incomprehensible because you do not read. One word of disagreement for you in a sentence automatically triggers your ultra conservative opinions making you more conservative than the people you loathe. Desmond Charles. So living in Charleston makes me a racist and how do you know I am white? Your response was beyond ignorant and actually sounded like something a true racist would say. The greatest thing about being an American is our freedom which includes the freedom to start a new life elsewhere if life here is so bad for you. The social ills in the U.S. will never get better with people having attitudes such as you. Once again, be a problem SOLVER not an EXCUSE MAKER. Make a difference in the communities you live in. remember our greatest strength as a people is our cultural differences. Good luck bud.
If you knew Des, as I do, you would know that he is making a difference every single day. That's what he does both for a living and in terms of the principles that guide his daily life.

Reading anything you write gives me a headache because your writing skills are elementary level. Not to mention, much of what you write is just pure nonsense.

You are obviously a racist wearing a very thin veil. I have a bunch of relatives who relocated to SC and, for some reason, they live in the same world of oblivion that leads them to believe the past hasn't impacted the present and that magically waving of a wand made everything right.

Are you among the 20% of Trump supporters who believe the Emancipation Proclamation was a mistake?

It's too bad the ingrates on this board have driven off TDFever as he'd have plenty of police overreach stories to counter your all is well, all we need to do is sing kumbaya narrative.

Last edited:
Nonsense. There is no future in sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring history.

You are ignoring all of the gains our country has made in the area of civil rights since the founding of this nation.

This includes the Civil War leaving 600,000 dead, abolition of Jim Crow laws and government sanctioned racial preferences for otherwise unqualified people of color in an effort to advance people who were wronged.

That is also our history.

Go Blue!

Reactions: scfanblue
Hey Vic: Do not reply anymore. It's no use. We are replying to people who who refuse to read and listen to the other side. They ignore the facts. They try to belittle you by attacking the way you think. They call you uneducated and then of course you are a racist. Then they accuse you of being a Trump supporter when they are more conservative than the far far right. They are the real threat to our freedoms because people cannot possibly have another opinion and the facts do not matter. The only facts that matter to them are the ones that support their personal point of view. Its no use.

You are ignoring all of the gains our country has made in the area of civil rights since the founding of this nation.

This includes the Civil War leaving 600,000 dead, abolition of Jim Crow laws and government sanctioned racial preferences for otherwise unqualified people of color in an effort to advance people who were wronged.

Go Blue!
No way!!! None of that matters!!! In fact, are we sure that even happened?

That was quite the rambling diatribe and didn't address even one of my points. It was, however, chock full of feints and misdirections as is always the case with your type. Your four line sentences were nearly incomprehensible. Please, please go back and review Comp 101 -- your writing ability is sorely lacking.

Again, you conflate issues within the black community with police violence against innocent people and that is entirely illogical.

You know nothing about what I do with my time and money but thanks for your suggestions.

My points stand: until you have to walk in someone else's shoes you have no right to render judgments on their symbolic actions.

BTW, the use of CAPS on the Internet signifies anger.

In my opinion use of caps on the internet is normally for point of emphasis....nothing more....nothing less.

That's all folks!!

Are you among the 20% of Trump supporters who believe the Emancipation Proclamation was a mistake?

This is a bogus accusation and a bogus poll reported by the NYT, other liars in the MSM and CancunLive.

The poll conducted by YouGov was conducted using 2000 on-line respondents (not Trump supporters) aged 18 and over.

Even the 20% number is a lie (see question 49)

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ctucuikdsj/econToplines.pdf

Go Blue!

Let's sum up the respondents:

--RealityFreak compared the plight of African Americans, who were enslaved for hundreds of years, to the Japanese internees. BTW -- the Japanese were never enslaved, received an apology from a US president, and received some financial compensation. And I did have two Japanese friends, who both served in the 442 Regiment, that never forgave (one passed away last year and the other is now 92).

--VicValient, the longtime OSU troll who has been a dyed-in-the-wool pig/loser since the first day he showed up here a decade ago, suffering many a banning along the way.

--SCBlueFan who blames the victims and doesn't support the 1st amendment rights of US citizens.

Nice guarantee on John O'Korn BTW -- idiot -- LOL.

--VicValient, the longtime OSU troll who has been a dyed-in-the-wool pig/loser since the first day he showed up here a decade ago, suffering many a banning along the way..

Wrong again CancunLive.

I have never trolled the OSU board nor do I care to.

Pig/Loser you say? Yeah, thats gonna leave a mark.

Been on rivals for about 4 years, just sayin...

What uplifting discourse you offer, bogus polls, false accusations, selective view of history and name calling.

Go Blue!

Wrong again CancunLive.

I have never trolled the OSU board nor do I care to.

Pig/Loser you say? Yeah, thats gonna leave a mark.

Been on rivals for about 4 years, just sayin...

What uplifting discourse you offer, bogus polls, false accusations, selective view of history and name calling.

Go Blue!
Read it again, Vic, you are an OSU troll (a troll from OSU turf, that is) and always have been.

The NYT poll was not bogus -- that's not what they do.

And which piece of history was it that I selectively chose?

Last edited:

Go Blue!
Do you know how long it took this nation to do away with the Jim Crow laws? We have made strides but why aren't you guys pissed at police killing unarmed black people at a record rate ?

Reactions: CancunLive
-SCBlueFan who blames the victims and doesn't support the 1st amendment rights of US citizens.

Typical far leftist word twisting non reading ignorant statement. Do you work for CNN? People that think like you are destroying our First Amendment rights. By the way, speaking of grammar you idiot, you capitalize First Amendment-it's not the 1st amendment.... Harvard of the Midwest!!!!!!

Do you know how long it took this nation to do away with the Jim Crow laws?
About a hundred years, go talk to the Democrats about their dismal record of black oppression before pulling the lever for Cankles.

We have made strides but why aren't you guys pissed at police killing unarmed black people at a record rate ?
Because I don't believe that police are killing unarmed black people at a record rate and just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Obama is a racial agitator and it is in the interest of the above mentioned oppressors of black peoples that the narrative of black oppression go forward to keep them all voting for the party that put a KKK grand wizard in the US Senate.

Show us some numbers, lets see them in comparison to the overall population.

I don't think you can make the argument.

Go Blue!

If you knew Des, as I do, you would know that he is making a difference every single day. That's what he does both for a living and in terms of the principles that guide his daily life.

Reading anything you write gives me a headache because your writing skills are elementary level. Not to mention, much of what you write is just pure nonsense.

You are obviously a racist wearing a very thin veil. I have a bunch of relatives who relocated to SC and, for some reason, they live in the same world of oblivion that leads them to believe the past hasn't impacted the present and that magically waving of a wand made everything right.

It's too bad the ingrates on this board have driven off TDFever as he'd have plenty of police overreach stories to counter your all is well, all we need to do is sing kumbaya narrative.
Why do racist hate being called racist ? You guys have to be completely clueless if you all don't think you're racist !

Hey Vic: Do not reply anymore. It's no use. We are replying to people who who refuse to read and listen to the other side. They ignore the facts. They try to belittle you by attacking the way you think. They call you uneducated and then of course you are a racist. Then they accuse you of being a Trump supporter when they are more conservative than the far far right. They are the real threat to our freedoms because people cannot possibly have another opinion and the facts do not matter. The only facts that matter to them are the ones that support their personal point of view. Its no use.
WTF !? Dude you're asking the descendant of slaves to support and honor a song written by a guy who owned slaves ! Who wrote the song to boast about the slaves being killed fighting for their freedom!? You are what's wrong with this country ! I'm just glad you're not a cop! At least you won't get paid leave for killing an unarmed black man/woman because I'm sure you'd kill on of us if you knew you'd get away with it!

Let's sum up the respondents:

--RealityFreak compared the plight of African Americans, who were enslaved for hundreds of years, to the Japanese internees. BTW -- the Japanese were never enslaved, received an apology from a US president, and received some financial compensation. And I did have two Japanese friends, who both served in the 442 Regiment, that never forgave (one passed away last year and the other is now 92).

--VicValient, the longtime OSU troll who has been a dyed-in-the-wool pig/loser since the first day he showed up here a decade ago, suffering many a banning along the way.

--SCBlueFan who blames the victims and doesn't support the 1st amendment rights of US citizens.
IDK how they can not get this !
Nice guarantee on John O'Korn BTW -- idiot -- LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT