ADVERTISEMENT

I am now convinced the 24 team model is...

maizenblue_follower

Heisman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2001
USA
www.facebook.com
NOT THE GOAL or model CFB will go to. I believe these guys are spot on, but I disagree with Klatts assumption
that ND is the B1G's final goal in expansion. WHY? We've 16 schools now in 2024. Adding ND gives the B1G 17
schools, ODD NUMBERS NEVER WORK.

Three more brands are needed to maximize TV revenue and markets. The B1G will need three major market driven schools which will not diminish the current schools revenue share. The following markets & schools IMHO substantiates the B1G's move to twenty market strong programs. If we conclude the 16 schools now in the fold with ND being #17, the following 3 schools I now believe may be the BEST BAR NONE to add the demanded market value are:

1. Miami of Florida,
2. Boston College
3. Stanford

The contributing factor is the market these schools can bring, and the compelling inventory of games available which will move the needle of fan interest. Those three schools along with USC & UCLA will most assuredly draw ND's interest and need to not be left behind. These additions will in fact bolster the B1G media footprint towards astronomical numbers.

Consider the number of compelling matchups this grouping of schools would bring to CFB & CBB fans nationally, IT;S HUGE! OSU, U-M, PSU, ND, MIAMI, UCLA & USC alone will provide an all star inventory of games which are so compelling the viewership will be insane.

Miami has very good academics and could receive AAU accreditation. I've a close friend who as a research biologist whose career spanned 20 years at Miami, told me that his experience of research at Miami is exceptional. His view is from working for the school for 20 years and his visiting several B1G schools while employed at Miami of Florida. A 20 team B1G with 4 pods of 5 teams ea appears from what Colin Cowherd & Joe Klatt spoke of may be the future of college sports.

Therefore 24 is most assuredly out of the equation IMHO.

Watch this video which our BLUECONNUNDRUM found.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News