ADVERTISEMENT

Huge commitment for Michigan wrestling …

Ryan_Tice

Heisman
Staff
May 26, 2009
Big-time high school wrestler Rylan Rogers just picked Michigan, kind of out of nowhere. I haven't seen him post it to his social media yet, but he did do a video interview where he announced it. In Rivals parlance, he'd be a five-star recruit.

Rogers is ranked No. 2 195-pounder in the country by FloWrestling, and the guy above him is a senior so when he gets removed, Rogers will move up to No. 1. Flo hasn't updated their 2022 big board since November, but he was No. 6 on that (InterMat had him at No. 8 in the class regardless of weight class). He's from the pacific Northwest, but has wrestled for prep powerhouses Blair and I think he's now at Coeur D'Alene in Idaho.

I think we are going to try and start doing some exciting things with wrestling coverage around here, so while on the subject … Michigan made the top 10 for a big-time 2023 recruit recently as well, Rocco Welsh. The Waynesburg, Penn., native has been a AAA state finalist each of his first two years of high school and is No. 3 on FloWrestling's 2023 big board and the top-ranked uncommitted recruit in the class (InterMat has him No. 7). He's one of the top 160-pounder on the high school level right now, regardless of age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News