ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus: On Michigan's camp schedule and one key takeaway from practice number one

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Michigan kicked off its fall camp today in preparation for its season-opener against Colorado State in September. While there's a long way to go, I was able to speak to a source close to the situation tonight to get a glimpse of what camp looks like for the program moving ahead and some general notes about the team after day one.

As of this writing, the Wolverines are going to take every fifth day off approach to training camp. As of right now, it looks like Sunday will be an off for the program and the team will go back to work on Monday and will work from there.

I want to reiterate that the team will only be in helmets for the first few days, so anything that comes from these first few practices should be taken with a grain of salt until the pads are on. The plan is to ease into shells this week and go into full pads on Saturday.

A typical day looks like the following:

- Meetings start at 7:30 am sharp and will run until 9 am.
- They have an hour break to grab a snack and change for practice
- They will have practice from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Another break until meetings start at 2 pm and conclude at 7:30
- At that point, they are welcome to grab dinner and head back to the hotel.

As for the team as a whole, it appeared that the team was healthy across the board which is always good news. The big point to take away from the first practice is there was general rust from the team, which is to be expected since everyone has been away from organized activities for quite some time. However, things will become much more smooth once the team gets a couple of practices under its belt.

Our source raved about Jim Harbaugh's game plan for getting the players ready for camp.

Spirits are high and the team is raring to go.

More on player-specific stuff when I get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News