ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus 8/13: Quick notes on fall camp

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Received some supplemental intel from one of my sources today, not necessarily anything that is new or has reflected the past few days of practice, just general observations.

Quick hitters are below.

- Much like the spring, Rayshaun Benny continues to come in and put in the work. Just because you’re not hearing about him doesn’t mean he isn’t progressing. He’s having another quietly good camp and is doing what he’s being asked of him. I am told that he is splitting time as a rush end and on the interior of the line.
- TJ Guy, again, continues to be praised for having a solid camp. With Michigan expecting to shuffle their ends this season, I very much expect him to see the field early and often.
- I am fully expecting Will Johnson to be a starter at corner. Early enrolling and being familiar with the defense did him a world of good in terms of being ready by the fall. The kid is a stud and almost impossible to keep off the field.
- Andrew Gentry is pushing to be included in the two-deep. Coaches have been really pleased with him and view him as fundamentally and technically sound.
- Colston Loveland is a guy that will rise on the TE depth chart. We’ve reported before that the coaching staff are trying to find a role for him, it sounds like he’s responding well to the challenge. He’s someone who physically and athletically looks the part, someone who could see the field early.

That’s all for now. More info when I can get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News