ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus 3/22: NIL announcement incoming?

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
I have been given the green light to discuss certain aspects of the big NIL announcement that is expected to be announced at the end of the month. I can't dive too deep into the details as I have been told to keep things quiet but since it has leaked elsewhere, there are some things I can discuss.

This 'big' NIL announcement has been in the works for a while and has taken on many forms. This final form merged into a new platform which is to be run by Jim Harbaugh's former assistant and two others. More details on that in a bit.

The platform will be released in its entirety on 3/31 at the Chop House and it's expected to be a significant announcement. This plan is spearheaded by three major players:

Chin Weerappuli
Andy Johnson
Todd Anson

Here is a brief background on all three.

Chin Weereappuli

Jim Harbaugh's former personal assistant, Weerappuli considers himself a 'NIL advocate' for the University of Michigan. He is the Founder of The Underdog Family (TUF), a Denver-based non-profit that provides support for small businesses.

You can read more about Tuf here.

Andy Johnson

A University of Michigan graduate, Johnson is a lawyer that has spent many years in the business world. He is currently the Executive Vice President, Chief Corporate Development Officer & Chief Legal Office for 3D Systems Corporation based out of South Carolina.

Todd Anson

A vocal ally of Jim Harbaugh, he holds a law degree from the University of Michigan and currently sits as the Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees at Central Michigan University. He is a lawyer and entrepreneur that has founded and developed successful businesses in California.

You can read more on his bio on Central Michigan's website.

I'm not sure what kind of details have been leaked but I'll let the announcement do the talking as I want to make sure I am not stepping on any toes but being allowed to discuss as much as I can.

From the sounds of it, this thing should turn into a pretty big deal. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News