ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus 1/4 Part 2: Continued optimism on Jim Harbaugh

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
This is what I am hearing as of this moment. As always, things can, or could not, change relatively quickly but we are here to give the most complete version of what we know.

Let's get started.

Michigan and Jim Harbaugh are on the same page in terms of getting a contract done. Received some further optimism today, on top of what we reported on the player's parents today as well.

If you missed it, you can find that here: https://michigan.forums.rivals.com/...ng-the-temperature-with-player-parents.348896

There are some things that need to be addressed in regard to the contract but that involves a little bit of give and take from both sides. After talking to multiple sources today, I get the sense that the major sticking point right now is the buyout. A lot of posturing from both sides, Michigan wants it higher and the other side might not want it to be as high. I do not get the sense that Harbaugh is demanding a lower buyout but an agent wanting a friendly deal for his client.

It's the kind of contract stuff that many expect to be ironed out relatively soon. I am not ready to call things a "done deal" by any means but any positive momentum right now is good momentum and that is certainly happening.

I am of the belief that Harbaugh will return to Michigan as of this writing but I cannot rule out an NFL team being desperate and giving him a hefty offer to consider. No one truly can. I don't know where this $20 million offer talk is coming from (whether it's social media fluff or whatever) but that number is absurd for any NFL coach, not just Harbaugh.

Remember, Harbaugh didn't get a contract offer from the Vikings last year so there really wasn't anything to consider and there are certainly no guarantees that one will happen this year, either.

As always, stay tuned. We'll have more when I can get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News