ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH: Addressing the Papa Kante rumors

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
There's been a rumor floating around the internet over the last week or so surrounding Papa Kante and whether or not he will make it to Michigan this summer.

From what I have gathered speaking to a handful of sources, there is SOME truth to the rumors out there but not all of it is accurate, as there is a path for him to make it to campus after all as the rumor specifically stated that he wasn't going to enroll. I don't want to get too much into the kid's business as it's unfair for him or anyone else involved to share all the goings on in the process and how we got here. The vaguest way of putting things is that it has to do with core classes.

What I can say is that there is a line drawn in the sand with what he can do and he has multiple avenues to travel.

He can either prep for another year and reclass to the 2024 class or take a remedial course in the summer if he chooses. If he decided to take the remedial course, he will be able to head to Ann Arbor this summer once that has been cleared.

No matter the decision, Michigan is still heavily involved in the process and is working with him to get this sorted out. I haven't been able to gather what his exact plan is but one would assume he would like to get to Ann Arbor as soon as possible (that's just opinion-based).

I will continue to do some digging and report back if things progress one way or the other. But, right now, this is where things stand with Kante.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News