ADVERTISEMENT

How many games does it take for UM to make the tourney or..

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
Here is what I think it will take to get UM into the tourney...for the most part.

1. Top 5 in BT. Outside...forget about it.
2. Big win against a Wiscy or Maryland
3. Semi-Finals in BT Tourney

All UM has done so far is not play themselves out of a shot so far in conference. I agree with most everyone..those non conference losses really look bad and offset a good showing at Villanova and a win against Oregon. The beat down at Arizona only reinforced that this team doesn't deserve to be in the tourney.

What I am trying to say is that beating Illinois and Minny isn't really going to get it done although it helps out #1 listed above. This game against OSU is what I would call a quality W if they can get it done.

It's going to take a win against OSU, Maryland or MSU on the road unless they sneak into the top 3 in conference. Not a lot of quality potential W's left on the schedule.

Reality Man

It will probably require a 10-8 record in the conference, and a decent showing (win at least one game) in the conference tournament. That would produce a record of 18-13 or 19-13, which might be enough to get in, but definitely "on the bubble."

It's doable: 7-7 from here on out would do the job. Basically, win at home, and steal a couple on the road.

Here is we probably slightly disagree. UM keeps getting hammered

by good teams so the record will look 'soft'...a lot like this team :(.

Reality Man

It's NIT tine

I think even JB has thrown in the towel. Unlike previous years when he has ridden his top 6-7 players really hard, now I think we can see JB giving more players game-time experience.

Personally, I don't mind NIT seasons. I'd rather watch UM progress through the NIT rather than getting knocked out handily in the first game of the NCAA tournament. Plus I can watch young players develop and hope for better years to come.

I'm really happy not to be a Kentucky fan where anything less than a final four season is a failure and you only get to see a player for one year (two tops).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT