ADVERTISEMENT

[Hoops] What I saw vs Buffalo….

hailtoyourvictor

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Milwaukee
1. Hunter Dickinson is a legit All-American level player. When he gets the ball in the post it’s an automatic double team or probably a bucket for Michigan. He scored in multiple ways last night: Iso on the block, floaters off the pick and roll, offensive rebound flushes, etc. Teams are going to sell out to stop him or he will end up this year being an 18+ ppg scorer.

2. Speaking of double teams, Mousa Diabate had 3 assists on three pointers in the first half. I don’t understand the concern we heard this summer about him not being ready. Not only is he a physical machine but any freshman big finding open shooters in game one like that has impressive basketball IQ. He’s going to be a problem.

3. Juwan Howard was not afraid to play really big last night. This will probably be a theme all year with our two best players off the bench being forwards. We will see where Zeb Jackson slots into the rotation but it’s clear that Diabate and Williams are our 6th and 7th men right now.

4. I originally had Terrance Williams pegged for about 10mpg but he’s going to get much more run than that. The kid is a hooper and does a little bit of everything. He’s got a lot of Zack Novak to him.

5. Bufkin and Collins played less than Adrian Nunez. That is not what any of us expected but it could end up a situation like 2012/13 where Matt Vogrich started early over Nik Stauskas. I hope so, anyways, because Adrian Nunez isn’t the answer to our guard rotation question IMO (even though he hit a threee last night). This situation will be more clear when Zeb returns but I would think/hope Adrian Nunez is deep depth come December/January and not our first guard off the bench.

6. For the first 5 minutes of the game Caleb Houstan looked like the best player on the court. After getting in foul trouble he sat out the last 10 minutes of the half but when he heats up this kid will be dangerous.

7. Bo Borowski is still a douche. 6 technicals and I’m not sure any of them were necessary. That had the potential to really alter the game.

8. Buffalo is a really good mid major team. They are the favorites to win the MAC. They have the talent to play with good teams and Jeenathon Williams is going to be the best player on the court just about every other game they play. Look for them to end up landing a 12 seed come March and we just saw how dangerous they can be.

9. All in all it was a good win. Need to shoot FTs better and clean up some stuff on defense but Buffalo is a tough team to open with and we took care of business the way a top 10 team does.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News