ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what I'd like to see going forward....

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
Harbaugh has really done an unbelievable job so far in his tenure and UM hasn't even played a game. I have been impressed with his approach to putting together a team. What do I mean? You need skill players and Harbaugh is going after qb's and rb's and wr's with toughness and skill at those positions and this is just on offense.

Now...there is just one problem. Harbaugh is a football coach and much like Dantonio or Schembechler or Hayes...not particulary media friendly like an Izzo or Calipari. That is okay but what isn't okay is to be a jerk when you don't have to be.

Going forward Harbaugh needs to just stop doing interviews. Belichick doesn't do interviews...or if he does it is rare. It's okay. There is no constitutional requirement to be a friend to the media. Just do the bare necessities required by your job. Have your assistants deal with the media. You can be successful as a coach without being the media darling.

It's not okay to act like a jerk even when the radio interviewer has a unorthodox style to questioning. Maybe the AD can create a PR head coach...mouthpiece for the coach. Like UM Football Press Secretary?

Reality Man

I don't think there is a place for anyone to be a jerk, however, Colin Cowherd is an asshole flatout and just because you are the "media" does not give you a right to be a prick and he is almost 100% of the time. Harbaugh is human and he watches and listens to these jackasses who pump the public who is by and large a bunch of idiots, full of bullshit about these guys. Nick Saban hates Colin Cowherd as well and Cowherd said some stupid shit about Harbaugh during his last months in San Fran even running his mouth about his probable return to college football and Ann Arbor as a better fit because he can't relate to pro players. How in the hell does he know that? because he has a show on ESPN? It's hard to forget an asshole and especially one that has run his mouth about you in a negative manner a few months ago. The media in this country sucks and dealing with them on a daily basis has got to suck even more. Harbaugh does not owe any explanations to anyone except himself, family, his players and coaches. I could care less how he acted toward Colin Cowherd and neither will the kids who come to play for him.

UM is going to have to do a better job of 'sheltering' Harbaugh going forward from the media.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT